PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Britain

flyer01
July 30th, 2009, 22:35
This is a very good site to which a movie on the Battle of Britain. Has some good shots of planes .

http://www.liketelevision.com/liketelevision/tuner.php?channel=29&format=movie&theme=guide

Battle of Britain
Starring - Winston Churchill
Directed by - U.S. War Department

flyer01

loverboy1
July 31st, 2009, 07:41
you know im the addict for the battle of britian ....excellent and many tks

its a superb find .

joshua /loverboy1

:guinness::guinness:

Autothrottle
July 31st, 2009, 21:47
Its really surprising to me that Hitler lost World War 2. He had an incredible fighting machine in the Luftwaffe, a Navy to rival that of Great Britain, Excellent Generals and Military Might. In my opinion, he left Hermann Goring in charge of the Luftwaffe too long in the War. Now, Adolf Galland or Werner Molders would have made a significant difference if they were the Luftwaffe bosses. Air power was critical, and Hitler lost real sight of that.

BeauBrummie
July 31st, 2009, 22:46
I think that it was also the fact that Hitler was prone to knee jerk reactions. Despite taking heavy losses they were really caning the RAF by hitting airfields, sector bases and creating an aircrew shortage crisis. By insisting on attacks on London after BC's raid on Berlin, he gave the RAF the respite they needed. Goering was a pompass ass, but at least he had combat experience. Also Operation Barbarossa was their biggest mistake in the war, how successful would Overlord have been in all those forces in Russia were based in Europe instead?

Now where did that soapbox come from:a1451:...sorry if I went on!

lewis11777
August 1st, 2009, 07:13
Its really surprising to me that Hitler lost World War 2. He had an incredible fighting machine in the Luftwaffe, a Navy to rival that of Great Britain, Excellent Generals and Military Might. In my opinion, he left Hermann Goring in charge of the Luftwaffe too long in the War. Now, Adolf Galland or Werner Molders would have made a significant difference if they were the Luftwaffe bosses. Air power was critical, and Hitler lost real sight of that.

Hitler greatly aided the allies by his constant interference. Many of the strategic blunderss that became turning points in the war were bad decisions by Hitler in opposition to his generals. He was strongly advised not to start a war on two fronts but he would not listen to people who knew how to fight a war. The history channel runs great documentaries on the German War Machine.

Squiffy
August 1st, 2009, 09:53
Yes I agree. I think it was part of Hitler's general psychosis that led to an addiction to attack and agression at the cost of defense. When he was hitting the airfields real damage was being done. That first attack on London was in most accounts a mistake. Barbarossa, and the corruption of the 262 were similar irrational acts. He had to be crazy to seek world domination, but this craziness helped preclude his ever achieving it, thank God!

:engel016:

loverboy1
August 1st, 2009, 12:32
between both of em ,,,,,goring and hilter you got a mix of drug addiction , so they say and VD , thats a for sure disaster in the making for any judgement,

Syphilis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler's_medical_health

and of course

goring

rumour is drug addiction

net result====== - they lost

flyer01
August 1st, 2009, 22:37
Another sight like the one above. Good footage.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22U.S.%20War%20Departm ent%22

flyer01