PDA

View Full Version : OT: USB Port Tech help

Pepere
July 30th, 2009, 17:16
When I install an item like a, GoFlight Module, on a USB port when XP gets done auto installing I can now use this module on that port. If I move the module to another USB port it has to reinstall it again. Now if I move it back to the original USB port it does not have to reinstall it. So now I have two ports I can use for this one Module. I can even install another Module at the same USB port and now I have one USB port that can use two modules (one at a time, of course).

A problem came up when I had to replace the autopilot module with a new one of the same type however, the new one did not work right because something internally must have change but XP's installation of the older autopilot module was still there and it was why the new one did not work correctly until I moved it to another USB port and XP installed it.

Question is how do I delete the installation of one or both modules from a USB port? If you look in in device manager it does not always tell you what is on the USB port it just calls it "USB Composite Device".

David

harleyman
July 30th, 2009, 18:34
You more than likely need to google your mobo manual..that will identify what ports are named / numbered what they are...

Figure that out and then you can disable it..

A simple restart might wipe it out too...

Never really had to try and uninstall something from a USB ...The software is in the system always ..but ..But...But....

Not sure what to actually do there...

falcon409
July 30th, 2009, 19:08
Yea, I'm probably misunderstanding this as well. I know I never "uninstall" anything when moving USB plug-ins. . .I just move em' and the system recognizes that I've unplugged it and then moved it to another plug.

After reading the initial post over again. . .it sounds like what he's got is a full cockpit simulator with plug-in modules like radio, autopilot, electrical, com, stuff like that. If that's what he's talking about then I still don't think the software is installed to a particular "socket" so-to-speak, but rather it recognizes the installed module and allows it to run via the installed software. If that's the case, then simply uninstalling the software should do the trick.

I think, lol.:wiggle:

harleyman
July 30th, 2009, 19:26
I was thinking along that line too..

Maybe uninstall the drives ..then have windows search for updated drivers from there..

falcon409
July 30th, 2009, 19:43
I was thinking along that line too..
Maybe uninstall the drives ..then have windows search for updated drivers from there..
Yup, works for me Harleyman. . .problem solved!! lol.

Pepere
July 31st, 2009, 01:06
Falcon that is what I have and up to a few months ago never had a problem. But replacing a like item to the same USB port seemed to cause a malfunction. I'll do some more research on it. Hate to mess with it too much cause you know how FSX can get!:isadizzy: And to fix something that is really not broken, well! Thanks for the ideas guys!

David