PDA

View Full Version : 'Schumacher To Replace Massa'

Panther_99FS
July 29th, 2009, 19:58
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-michael-schumacher-returns-to-formula-one/

wombat666
July 30th, 2009, 03:54
I'm reminded of the 'Return of Mansell' in 1994 to do four races, at the behest of Renault.
Two positives came out of this, he backed Damon Hill's crticisms of the car up, and he won/inherited a win in the AGP ensuring Williams of the Constructors Cup.
The negative side proved the old adage ...... "You can't go home again", underlined by Mansell's wretched performance in '95 with MacDonalds.

Schikelgrueber age 40 will be very different to Schikelgrueber at 30, and my considered opinion is 'common sense' will prevail.
He'll keep the car at the pointy end of the field and bring it home in a decent position, podiums are probable and a win possible provided all the cards fall his way.
He can't win the drivers title, but he can score points for Ferrari, which is why he gets the drive.
If he is as smart as I think he is (and I'm not and never have been a fan after 1994!) there will be no teaching the 'upstarts' a lesson, unless that lesson is in self control.
:kilroy:

Panther_99FS
July 30th, 2009, 04:52
(and I'm not and never have been a fan after 1994!)

You & me both can agree here....

Ferry_vO
July 30th, 2009, 06:16
Schumi is good for publicity and television ratings, as a lot of fans will want to see how he does in the same car as Kimi. He can tell Ferrari a thing or two about their car, which is good for them since their car is not that great and testing is not allowed, and Michael is not a 'threat' for Massa's 2010 ride.
Besides, what would be better options..? Gene, Badoer, Bourdais? Don't think so.