PDA

View Full Version : Manhatten on sale

wilycoyote4
July 29th, 2009, 15:12
http://www.pcaviator.com/dlstore/product.php?productid=560

Got an email -----

FSX And FS2004 <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:PersonName w:st="on">Ed</st1:PersonName>itions Separately Available<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Title: Scenery <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Manhattan</st1:place></st1:City> X (FSX <st1:PersonName w:st="on">Ed</st1:PersonName>ition)
Publisher: Aerosoft <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Germany</st1:place></st1:country-region><o:p></o:p>
Normally: $34.95
Special Price: $19.97<o:p></o:p>
Savings: 43%
Special Runs: 48 Hours Only – Ends 12 Noon Friday 31 July <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">USA</st1:place></st1:country-region> EST

:running::running::guinness::icon29:

jdhaenens
July 29th, 2009, 16:20
That's a bit more like it. We paid the Americans that were here first about $24.00 for it as I recall.:icon_lol: and it was a lot cleaner then.

Jim

harleyman
July 29th, 2009, 16:33
Wonder how that is on frames and performance?

Anyone use it ?

JIMJAM
July 29th, 2009, 16:50
Yes I really REALLY miss this scenery as I had a real blast with it in FS9. I am curious also about the performance as I want to fly the Dodosim ranger in it. Some good tight landing spots but if its jerky its dam near impossible. Aerosoft were once saying 10-15 fps was acceptable but not me me. For even helis, 20-30 is minumum.

jimjones
July 30th, 2009, 06:32
Finally broke down and purchased Manhattan. Very nice. One problem I have is with flashing rooftops. Very Annoying. Is this a common problem?

Works well with MegascenryEarth of this area.

jetstreamsky
July 30th, 2009, 19:09
Thinking of doing the same thing, do you get sufficient frame rate to fly the Dodosim without freezes and stutters?

Seems like an ideal playground for helo operations.

jimjones
July 31st, 2009, 05:59
With the Bell 206 getting 15 to 20 fps. Occasional pauses.
Water at recommended Low 1.x, no building shadows, traffic low, no clouds.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Intel C2D E6850, 3Ghz, 1333FSB, 4 Mb L2 Cache: MB(QuadCore FSB1333 ) EVGA nforce 680i DDR2: 4Gb(4x1)DDR2/800 Corsair Xtreme:EVGA GeForce G8800 GTS 640 Mb PCI-E: Two WDC 500 Gb SATA II, 3 Gb/s 16 Mb Cache, 7200 RPM: CL SB X-FI XtremeGamer: Sony 18X DVD+-RW Dual: 16X DVD ROM: Coolmaster 600w PS: Thermaltake Maxorb CPU fan: NZXT Case w/6 Fans: Vista Home Premium (sp2) 32 bit.
NVidia 182.50

jetstreamsky
July 31st, 2009, 06:00
Thanks Jim,

I'm going to try it too. :ernae:

CBris
July 31st, 2009, 08:27
Didn't Manhatten once get sold for a bag of beads?

HippyEd
July 31st, 2009, 08:49
24.45 Dollars to be exact. Got screwed on that one.:icon_lol:

Cactuskid
July 31st, 2009, 12:12
I bought this package this morning and it took my system to it's knees! FPS ranged from about 21 on the NJ side of the Hudson to a slideshow over the 30th St. heliport! :isadizzy: Lots of shimmering also. I finally got an OOM for the first time in over a year on this rig. Looks like I'll have to play with the sliders and AA. I didn't have this problem with their San Francisco package...

majorv
July 31st, 2009, 12:36
I bought this package this morning and it took my system to it's knees! FPS ranged from about 21 on the NJ side of the Hudson to a slideshow over the 30th St. heliport! :isadizzy: Lots of shimmering also. I finally got an OOM for the first time in over a year on this rig. Looks like I'll have to play with the sliders and AA. I didn't have this problem with their San Francisco package...

Make sure you go to the Aerosoft Support site and download the two patches (v. 1.10 & 1.20). Here is the link (you must register first):

http://aerosoft-shop.com/support.php?language=en

My understanding is that the patches significantly improve performance. I have not encountered the same performance issues on my computer.

Major V

jimjones
July 31st, 2009, 13:43
Just loaded in v1.1 an 1.2 upgrades. The flashing rooftop problem disappeared, and have night lights on Empire State building. May have a couple more fps, ie 17 to 22 everywhere. Seems there was an aircraft carrier parked near lower manhattan in the first version. Did not see it after the upgrades, but perhaps it was as ai and moved.

Shylock
July 31st, 2009, 13:57
24.45 Dollars to be exact. Got screwed on that one.:icon_lol:

They didn't get screwed at all. It was the Canarsie Indians who were on the North shore of Brooklyn fishing or something when they were approached by the Dutch asking to buy the land from them. It wasn't even theirs lol so it was a good deal for the Canarsie Indians. Growing up in Canarsie that was our bragging right over them snooty folks from the city.

Heres the info:
Located in southeast Brooklyn, Canarsie takes its name from the Canarsee Indians of the Algonquin group who originally inhabited the area. All our land titles in the greater part of Brooklyn have come from the Canarsee Indians. They held what is now Kings County and the shore of Jamaica Bay. In 1626 a small band of Canarsee Indians were camping in New Amsterdam (Later named New York in 1664). Peter Minuit, who had become friendly with the Indians, offered to buy the land from them. The famous selling of Manhattan Island was actually a scam on the part of the Canarsee Indians. Although they did not own it, they accepted about twenty-four dollars ($24.00) in payment for Manhattan Island.

Shylock
July 31st, 2009, 13:59
Just loaded in v1.1 an 1.2 upgrades. The flashing rooftop problem disappeared, and have night lights on Empire State building. May have a couple more fps, ie 17 to 22 everywhere. Seems there was an aircraft carrier parked near lower manhattan in the first version. Did not see it after the upgrades, but perhaps it was as ai and moved.

Jim that carrier is the Mighty "I" the USS Intrepid. It was moved from its pier 2 years ago to have a complete reworking and dressing up. It was pulled back in to her pier a few months ago so I assume when they did the update to the scenery she didn't show on the Ariel pics of the city seeing she was in dry dock over in Bayonne NJ.

Hows the frame rates wit hthis? Do you still need a very high end system to run it or did they fix some issues?

HippyEd
July 31st, 2009, 14:30
They didn't get screwed at all. It was the Canarsie Indians who were on the North shore of Brooklyn fishing or something when they were approached by the Dutch asking to buy the land from them. It wasn't even theirs lol so it was a good deal for the Canarsie Indians. Growing up in Canarsie that was our bragging right over them snooty folks from the city.

Heres the info:
Located in southeast Brooklyn, Canarsie takes its name from the Canarsee Indians of the Algonquin group who originally inhabited the area. All our land titles in the greater part of Brooklyn have come from the Canarsee Indians. They held what is now Kings County and the shore of Jamaica Bay. In 1626 a small band of Canarsee Indians were camping in New Amsterdam (Later named New York in 1664). Peter Minuit, who had become friendly with the Indians, offered to buy the land from them. The famous selling of Manhattan Island was actually a scam on the part of the Canarsee Indians. Although they did not own it, they accepted about twenty-four dollars ($24.00) in payment for Manhattan Island.

Yea, but they could of haggled.

jimjones
August 1st, 2009, 04:01
Jim that carrier is the Mighty "I" the USS Intrepid. It was moved from its pier 2 years ago to have a complete reworking and dressing up. It was pulled back in to her pier a few months ago so I assume when they did the update to the scenery she didn't show on the Ariel pics of the city seeing she was in dry dock over in Bayonne NJ.

Hows the frame rates wit hthis? Do you still need a very high end system to run it or did they fix some issues?

Yes issues were fixed with lights now showing on Empire State building, improvements in fps (slight on my system by a couple of frames to 17 to 22) removal of a duplicated building and rotated correctly, flashing rooftops fixed. My system is shown above, which I suppose is now a bit below the top of the line. Thanks for the carrier info.

harleyman
August 1st, 2009, 04:17
Well..All I know is Tahati X was worse for me after the patch.....

I'm staying away for now....