PDA

View Full Version : Force feedback joysticks

brettt777
July 29th, 2009, 10:27
I am wondering about getting a force feedback joystick. It seems that most if not all of the high end JS's aren't FF and people say that's because most of the planes everyone is flying these days are FBW or all hydraulic powered and FF wouldn't be realistic. While some of the aircraft I fly are like this, not all of them are. I like alot of the older warbirds and many of them aren't like that. I am very interested in Lotus' L-39 coming out soon since I work on them for a living and an Albatros doesn't have any hydraulic assist anything. The stick is connected directly to the flight controls, so wouldn't a force feedback stick be better for something like that or maybe a Mustang, or even a Cessna 182? Anyway my question is... are there decent FF joysticks around?

SpaceWeevil
July 29th, 2009, 10:42
I am wondering about getting a force feedback joystick. It seems that most if not all of the high end JS's aren't FF and people say that's because most of the planes everyone is flying these days are FBW or all hydraulic powered and FF wouldn't be realistic. While some of the aircraft I fly are like this, not all of them are. I like alot of the older warbirds and many of them aren't like that. I am very interested in Lotus' L-39 coming out soon since I work on them for a living and an Albatros doesn't have any hydraulic assist anything. The stick is connected directly to the flight controls, so wouldn't a force feedback stick be better for something like that or maybe a Mustang, or even a Cessna 182? Anyway my question is... are there decent FF joysticks around?

Very recent thread here - might help..

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=20120