PDA

View Full Version : Max or Gmax; Who is using what; Poll

Lionheart
July 28th, 2009, 09:51
Hey all,

I am just curious. Who is using what to make planes and scenery with?

Max, or Gmax, or 'other'.

<---- Gmax user

Bill

Bjoern
July 28th, 2009, 09:57
Duh, voted for GMax although I wanted to pick Max. xP

Boomer
July 28th, 2009, 10:07
Max for sure!

gMax has to many knits & limitations.

hobofat
July 28th, 2009, 11:19
Does no good for FSX development, but I really like using Blender. Once you get the keyboard commands down it flies.

empeck
July 28th, 2009, 11:37
Max for sure!

gMax has to many knits & limitations.

3dsMAX has it's limitations too. About four thousand limitations (in dollars :173go1:)

I voted Gmax and other, because I use XSI to make models, and Gmax to export.

Gibbage
July 28th, 2009, 13:47
Max all the way. I tried Gmax and the program is just too limited. Since I won 3DS Max on a professional level (I do a lot of freelancing) the cost is not that much for me.

Piglet
July 28th, 2009, 21:24
Max all the way. Being just freeware, and having a sister in the education profession, with creds, Max was had for ALOT less than 4 g's. And I got the older version 7. I like Max over Gmax for ease and added features for texturing, and cool shapes, like cambered cans, boxes, capsules, etc. And one day I would like to build for other sims that can't use Gmax.

djscoo
July 28th, 2009, 22:01
Max all the way. Being just freeware, and having a sister in the education profession, with creds, Max was had for ALOT less than 4 g's. And I got the older version 7. I like Max over Gmax for ease and added features for texturing, and cool shapes, like cambered cans, boxes, capsules, etc. And one day I would like to build for other sims that can't use Gmax.

Being a college student is helpful when purchasing software...the day I got my ID card in the mail, I went to the campus bookstore and got Photoshop CS4 for like $150. :jump:

Bjoern
July 29th, 2009, 10:09
Being a college student is helpful when purchasing software...the day I got my ID card in the mail, I went to the campus bookstore and got Photoshop CS4 for like $150. :jump:

Yep, it definately helps. Got Max 9 via my university (via good connections to the design department) as well as Pro Engineer and MATLAB and could try out some more CAD tools if I wanted to.

hobofat
July 29th, 2009, 10:12
I need to take advantage of my last year as a grad student, get some Adobe products, possibly Max 9. Though the latest Max versions are subscription only...

jdhaenens
July 29th, 2009, 14:30
My "other" vote is for both. I'm still more comfortable in GMAX, but I've been forcing myself over to the dark side.

Jim

lucas81
July 29th, 2009, 21:59
Wings 3D for the structures, then export to the Gmax via .3ds to apply materials and do animations. Works OK for me :)

hairyspin
March 9th, 2014, 10:56
About time this poll was killed, it's more than four years old.