PDA

View Full Version : Just a little disappointed with ...

Snuffy
July 28th, 2009, 04:36
The NFL commision ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,534970,00.html

What kind of message does this send??

Of course if he was in any other career ... his life would have been ruined by his past ...

rpjkw
July 28th, 2009, 05:50
I'm of two minds about Vic. One the one hand, any criminal released from prison after serving his adjudicated time, is considered to have paid 'his price' to the community and thus is allowed back into the community to make his way LEGALLY through life. One the other hand, the sheer barbarity of what he was convicted for makes me feel he should be punished 'likewise' for the rest of his life. Forgive me for going with my emotions (I own one of the sweetest, most loving Pit Bulls in the world) and feeling like hanging is too good for such a miserable piece of S**T.

Bob

Captain Tenneal
July 28th, 2009, 06:12
Well if thw seahawks pick him up I'll be shopping for a new team myself....

GT182
July 28th, 2009, 06:21
Funny(not really) that the NFL can let Vick play again, but Pete Rose is still personna non grata in baseball.

Yeah Pete was tossed for gambling on baseball, but to me Vick's crime was much worse IMHO and he gets away with it. Or am I wrong in my way of thinking?

Prowler1111
July 28th, 2009, 07:20
...seems that once more...$$$$ takes over reason....

..and i agree 100% on Bobīs post...but what do you expect, when we see a society that cherish gangsta rap, there are some really freaky "reality shows" ( i personally find that "tequila" **** reality show extremely disgusting..)..itīs all about $$$$....donīt you miss a bit the 80īs?

Prowler

Toastmaker
July 28th, 2009, 09:40
Funny(not really) that the NFL can let Vick play again, but Pete Rose is still personna non grata in baseball.

Yeah Pete was tossed for gambling on baseball, but to me Vick's crime was much worse IMHO and he gets away with it. Or am I wrong in my way of thinking?

Negative - you are right on the target! He didn't exactly get away with it but the nature of his crime should bear greater consequences.

cheezyflier
July 28th, 2009, 12:54

i agree completely. besides, pete wasn't gambling on his own team. in my mind that means he wasn't doing anything worse than what a million other guys do all the time. if anybody derved the hall of fame pete did.

Cloud9Gal
July 28th, 2009, 17:25
That totally peeved me off when I read that yesterday! And now, I hear the Steelers are considering signing him on.....I'm so disappointed!

Allen
July 28th, 2009, 18:13
Hold the outrage....

NFL player gets 30 days for DUI manslaughter.
http://www.examiner.com/x-12760-Phoenix-Protestant-Examiner~y2009m6d16-NFL-player-gets-30-days-for-DUI-manslaughter--Are-you-serious

I love my dogs, but are we now saying a dog is worth more that an human?:isadizzy:

If so you all need to remove your head from were ever you have shoved them. Butt, sand, fish bowl, ext....

GT182
July 28th, 2009, 18:32
[QUOTE=Allen;220658]

I love my dogs, but are we now saying a dog is worth more that an human?:isadizzy:
QUOTE]

No we're not, the judge did. What Vick did was train, beat, and misuse dogs to make them FIGHT. That IS against the law in all states that I know of. It's not saying a dogs life is worth more than a human being's. It's saying he broke the law. No animal should be treated that way...whether it's a chicken or a dog.

If I saw you doing the same or mistrating your dogs in such a way to put them in peril, I'd have you arrested just like they did him.

As for the DUI manslaughter... that was wrong. He should have gotten years behind bars. Because of his NFL status he got off way too light. Same for Vick. PLayers of all sports are no better than the rest of us and should be upheld to the same laws and the consequences for their crimes as the rest of us are.

Then again, some judges think they are above the law too.

Allen
July 28th, 2009, 19:57
No we're not, the judge did. What Vick did was train, beat, and misuse dogs to make them FIGHT. That IS against the law in all states that I know of. It's not saying a dogs life is worth more than a human being's. It's saying he broke the law. No animal should be treated that way...whether it's a chicken or a dog.

If I saw you doing the same or mistrating your dogs in such a way to put them in peril, I'd have you arrested just like they did him.

As for the DUI manslaughter... that was wrong. He should have gotten years behind bars. Because of his NFL status he got off way too light. Same for Vick. PLayers of all sports are no better than the rest of us and should be upheld to the same laws and the consequences for their crimes as the rest of us are.

Then again, some judges think they are above the law too.

Than every one needs to shut about about Vick OR start having the SAME outrage over Donte Stallworth's DUI manslaughter. I'm sick of the dubble stander that Vick is geting while Donte Stallworth gets away with DUI Murder by pleading guilty DUI manslaughter.

TARPSBird
July 28th, 2009, 23:52
Than every one needs to shut about about Vick OR start having the SAME outrage over Donte Stallworth's DUI manslaughter. I'm sick of the dubble stander that Vick is geting while Donte Stallworth gets away with DUI Murder by pleading guilty DUI manslaughter.
Sports figures, especially NFL players, almost always get off easy when faced with criminal charges. Vick got basically a minimum sentence for the federal felony dogfighting charge. He gets released, works a BS construction job with electronic monitoring for a couple months and he's headed back to the NFL. Anybody else gets found guilty of the same charge and they'd still be in jail, probably for 2-3 years more. The Donte Stallworth case was a dreadful miscarriage of justice, even if the victim's family has received some sort of restitution that hasn't been disclosed. Here in Virginia your third DUI is a felony and you'll probably go to jail for a year even if you just got pulled over and blew a .09 on the breathalyzer. Just 30 days for DUI manslaughter is unbelievable. :mad:

cheezyflier
July 29th, 2009, 06:05
the nfl and the nba is just a bunch of thugs anyhow. every time you turn around, guys who should be concious of the image they portray to kids go around acting like scarface. another example of dollars being more important than content. i don't care what anyone says, the whole thing is no more real than pro wrestling

Snuffy
July 29th, 2009, 15:05
OMG! I can't believe I am reading THIS!! (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,535380,00.html?test=latestnews) :banghead:

Steelers better hurry up and take him ... :running: