PDA

View Full Version : Antone tried this edit in the FsX.cfg?

Roger
July 27th, 2009, 09:31
FsX is running fairly smoothly now but I would get occasional pauses that I have timed up to 50 seconds. Micro stutters have all but gone now but these long pauses had me stumped. So I had a look at the cfg (for the 1000th time:isadizzy:) and noticed the "PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1" line under [USERINTERFACE]
So I changed it to "0" and those long pauses are now much less frequent. I still get the odd 10 second pause but I think that's scenery tiles loading.

[USERINTERFACE]
PageID=1
OpenATCOnCreate=0
ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1
SelectAircraftManufacturer=*****
SelectAircraftPublisher=All
SelectAircraftType=All
SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0
PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0

Lionheart
July 27th, 2009, 09:39
Thanks for sharing Roger. I'll have to check that out.

Mine is back to stuttering again. I'll try anything.

Roger
July 27th, 2009, 09:40
Bill,
I've just edited the post above with the 1 & 0 the right way round:isadizzy:

stiz
July 27th, 2009, 09:59
doesnt the "pause on lost focus" control weather or not the game pauses when you switch program?

spotlope
July 27th, 2009, 10:48
If FSX is losing focus frequently, the first thing I would wonder is what's taking that focus? It should never lose focus in full-screen mode unless you purposefully switch to another program.

harleyman
July 27th, 2009, 11:51
WOW... I have a stutter hear and there momentarely....but never a long freeze / pause like that......

Henry
July 27th, 2009, 11:58
well im game ill try it and see if it makes a difference
its only a 1 or 0
famous last words
LOL
H

FAC257
July 27th, 2009, 15:09
"Pause_On_Lost _Focus" is similar to the GUI "Pause On Task Switch" checkbox.

Pause=1 When FSX is minimzed while in windowed mode the sim pauses.

Pause=0 When FSX is minimized while in windowed mode the sim keeps flying.

FAC

heywooood
July 27th, 2009, 15:25
so its likely that even when an eventual 9.2 gig 10core cpu becomes available with 4gig BlazingLaser GPU's and 60gigs of RAM - we will still have stutters in FSX

:monkies:

jmig
July 27th, 2009, 16:41
I will get short 1-2 sec pauses at times.

Twice in the last couple days I have gotten the OOM death????? I have NEVER seen out of memory before. I haven't changed anything. Vista with 4 Gigs. Wierd???

harleyman
July 27th, 2009, 16:55
I will get short 1-2 sec pauses at times.

Twice in the last couple days I have gotten the OOM death????? I have NEVER seen out of memory before. I haven't changed anything. Vista with 4 Gigs. Wierd???

I sometimes get OOM errors with only payware planes...

Lately with the new Dutchess..It was real bad... Their Tech support suggested I uninstall / reinstall...That seemed to do the trick...????Wierd but true.....

That was both on XP and Vista 64...both machines with 4 gigs good ram too !