PDA

View Full Version : gun_8x303_browning

spencer19692007
July 23rd, 2009, 06:00
hello fellow simmers
i play eto and have problem with the new browning guns sometimes the sound of the guns are ok other times no sound
it seems when i do that zapper thing is ok but it takes way long time to load do you have to do this everytime it slows my computer up big time
i know when i use add ons i alway go to 1936 first
any info on this prb would be greatly apprec:isadizzy:

Capt. Winters
July 23rd, 2009, 07:32
Hi Spencer,

That is a strange one, can you rememer if this is happening on certain aircraft only or across the board? also has this been the case since you first got ETO or is a recent problem.

it should be a simple matter of the aircraft xdp file calling on the required weapon and the weapon then calls on the sound file required.
I'll have a bit of a think on it, but I'm struggling to see how they could not be registering all the time, as par for course for the game.. it may be an install issue.

I'm sure others with a bit more knowledge will post here in due course.

regards Rob.

PS no you shouldnt have to delete the bdp very often at all, its mainly for the online side of things...

lewis11777
July 27th, 2009, 08:55
For that to occur intermittenly without you changing anything is highly unusual. Check to see if it is a particular aircraft, that would be much more likely to occur.

spencer19692007
July 29th, 2009, 09:02
thankyou i think i solved this problem inside the aircraft folder
the xml data pack was opening with unknown application i change it to notepad
i need new computer i have intel packard bell 2.7 i gig ram 512 grapic card i run ok but busy missions abit stuttery
do duel core do the trick i would like to know fps from people so i can make up my mind which is best