PDA

View Full Version : outta the game for good....sorry

dancat
July 22nd, 2009, 18:05
well at least Lewis got my 190 uploaded for everyone!
sorry to say I'm outta the sim for good.
life has taken a turn for the better and with my new family I have no time or interest in cfs3 anymore.
the kids and my girlfriend are number one right now and knowing how important they are to me I don't see myself taking time to model anymore.
sorry to everyone but it's been GREAT fly'n and modding with you all!
and Barry, keep the emails coming man.
you've been a great friend and we shouldd keep in touch.
thanks guys!

Jon

Talon
July 22nd, 2009, 19:12
Nothing to be sorry for,Family comes first always.I do most of my stuff while sailing for weeks.

As long as you're happy is the important thing.

Talon

Autothrottle
July 22nd, 2009, 20:42
Certainly will miss you Dancat. Family First is always the way to go. Thanks for the 190! I was sorta looking forward to your He-280, but You can't have your cake and eat it too. Take Care Dancat.

Pat Pattle
July 23rd, 2009, 00:49
Good luuck and take care Jon, we'll miss you around here.
Many thanks for the help & advice you've given me over the years, it has been a pleasure.

Don't forget that the doors always open! :)

All the best,

Clive

bzhyoyo
July 23rd, 2009, 01:16
wise choice indeed... nothing to feel guilty about, others wil hopefully take things back from where you left them.
Enjoy your time with your loved ones.

cristiano103
July 23rd, 2009, 01:49
Maybe someone has already seen what follow and You Jon probably have read it as You made the right choice.

"A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was. So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was. The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with an unanimous "yes." The professor then produced two cans of beer from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.
"Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things--your family, your children, your health, your friends, your favorite passions--things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.
"The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, your car. The sand is everything else--the small stuff. If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your partner out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house, and fix the disposal.
"Take care of the golf balls first, the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."
One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the beer represented. The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of beers."

.......and You earned much more than two beers, I can add.
Again I want to wish You all the best from your life and in the meantime I shall always remember You when I shall go out with Dora.

Cheers my Friend :ernae: and be always satisfy.
Cristiano "Astore"

NachtPiloten
July 23rd, 2009, 05:29
Farewell with your family and friends. They are the most important possessions a man ever has.

Capt. Winters
July 23rd, 2009, 05:31
No Worries John,

nothing to be sorry for mate, you came, you saw, you contributed.. thats more than most do.

Thanks for the great work over the years, and as others have said wise choice, family is everything. (see my sig below)

regards Rob.

BeauBrummie
July 23rd, 2009, 07:23
Same here Dancat. I dip in every now and then depending on family responsibilities. Take care.

Jeff

lewis11777
July 27th, 2009, 08:52
Jon I agree with the others, nothing to apologize for you are doing the right thing. Thanks for the many contributions you have made over the years, your hard work has brought many hours of enjoyment to those of us in the CFS3 community. Best of luck with your family and future, I hope you enjoy some much deserved quality time. As Clive said you always have an open door, if nothing else just to say hello now and again.

:wavey:

middle
July 27th, 2009, 11:04
It happens, Jon....enjoy yer family.......simming has taken a backseat for me for awile too.

NSS
July 28th, 2009, 00:19
All the best Jon.

If you feel the need to come back....

Enjoy your family.

Murray Cod
July 28th, 2009, 01:05
best wishes Dancat. may your skies (virtual or otherwise) be blue, and the wind at your back.

enjoy the little ones while you can - they don't stay small very long unfortunately

wolfger
July 28th, 2009, 05:47
almost nothing to add just best wishes to you and yours from germany ... :wavey:

thank you Jon and god bless you

yours sincerely wolfger

Wyld45
July 28th, 2009, 10:18
Take care Dancat and aces high!

sixstrings
July 28th, 2009, 18:42
Will miss you Dancat.Take care and God bless you.

hairyspin
July 31st, 2009, 08:54
I've just been enjoying a holiday with my family - apart from my wife, none is above 6 years old and you cannot enjoy them too much!

Cheers Jon, and you ought to know your P-38 was an inspiration for my as yet unfinished Tempest II. All the best! :wavey:

dancat
July 31st, 2009, 19:03
thanks guys for all the kind words.
I'll keep an eye on the forum and might pop in now and again with some old projects ;P

ndicki
July 31st, 2009, 23:42
Jon, sorry to see you go, and look after yourself and your people.

One last shot though - we do still need your Hawk very badly, perfect or not...

OldCrow
August 1st, 2009, 23:25
Good Luck and all the happiness to ya.

FOO FIGHTER
August 3rd, 2009, 14:09
Jon,

I'm very sorry to see you go but glad that life is alot brighter for you now. Your models have dramatically raised the bar and put payware to shame. I thank you for everything you have made and for the technical support you have given me over the years. Your stunning models are an absolute pleasure to fly and have provided many hours of enjoyment. Good luck my friend, I hope you have found true happiness.:guinness:

westview
August 3rd, 2009, 14:23
we'll certainly miss you around here, I'm sorry to see you go but happy things are going well for you. Best wishes in the future!

stumpjumper1
August 3rd, 2009, 17:01
best of luck jon and thank for all your help over the years with gmaxing

ronnybengt
August 3rd, 2009, 22:19
all the best m8.....

R

cargomann
August 4th, 2009, 21:48
Thanks to your contribution to CFS3 Dancat !!!! and all the best to you !!!
I've also no more time (a very few time :mixedsmi:) for installing and playing with the new stuffs from all the good men giving their time for CFS3. :applause:
We are waiting for a good news (october...or may be september...) and have start to repaint our apartment...(look like better than all the cfs3 repainting I have tried, and never uploaded here... nobody here are missing them) because of the little angel (let see if she will really be an angel) to come.
Hoping that we will found a bigger one before the end of 2010...
I'm giving my CFS3 to my 10 years old 'little' son... just to keep it on my computer :kilroy:, and will try to visit you regularly... :engel016:

thanks to all of you !!!
cheers
Fred

remcoc
August 7th, 2009, 04:00
By Jon,

Thanks 4 your contribution!!! Have a great life with your family. Perhaps we'll see you later.

RemcoC

O, before I forget: If you still have unfinished projects on you computer that you're not completely satisfied with, perhaps you can upload them to the beta-section of SOH. Others can can work with them so that the whole community can enjoy all your efforts.

cristiano103
August 7th, 2009, 13:05
We are waiting for a good news (october...or may be september...) and have start to repaint our apartment...............because of the little angel (let see if she will really be an angel) to come.

Fred

CONGRATULATIONS FRED !! all the best wishes to You, your Family and the newcomer.

Cris "Astore"

cargomann
August 8th, 2009, 22:40
Grazie mille Cristiano !
all the best for you and your family too !
cheers
Fred