PDA

View Full Version : OBIO's shined mdl problem

tobob
July 20th, 2009, 14:55
I installed the shined mdls and this is what happened to these two stock aircraft. For some reason only one half is textured, and I deleted the cdp's before running cfs2. The rest are fine and really nice looking. Did I miss something?

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd317/Tobob1/cors.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd317/Tobob1/geor.jpg

simonu
July 20th, 2009, 15:11
check the readme for the updated planes, did it say something about copying and renaming the texture?
this happend to me a while back with B24_guys updates, he'd made the planes handed so that repaints could show squadron numbers etc, on both sides of the fuselage. the fix is something like...
open the texture folder of the plane and find the texture "plane_name_t.bmp" copy it and rename the copy "plane_name_r.bmp"

tobob
July 20th, 2009, 16:00
Thanks Simonu. Ok, I did the copy, rename fix and it worked for the Zero. The Corsair on the other hand is still half textured. Any ideas? I guess if nothing else I can re-copy the file from the original install. Not a big deal.

Tobob

OBIO
July 20th, 2009, 16:14
The B-24 Guy did the over hauls on all the stock aircraft except the B-24 and the Corsair. The B-24 was done by someone, but they did not demirror the plane. The Corsair modification was done by Dbolt. You will have to download his modified Corsair from the library and use the texture package that is in that download. I can't remember how he set the textures up. THe B-24 Guy used a copy of the original main texture files and renamed them so that there are 4 main texture files (_t and _r for the left and right texturing, _d and _b for left and right damage texturing).

OBIO

tobob
July 20th, 2009, 16:31
The B-24 Guy did the over hauls on all the stock aircraft except the B-24 and the Corsair. The B-24 was done by someone, but they did not demirror the plane. The Corsair modification was done by Dbolt. You will have to download his modified Corsair from the library and use the texture package that is in that download. I can't remember how he set the textures up. THe B-24 Guy used a copy of the original main texture files and renamed them so that there are 4 main texture files (_t and _r for the left and right texturing, _d and _b for left and right damage texturing).

OBIO

So for the zero, do I need to make a copy of the _d into a _b so the damage texture shows up on both sides?

Tobob

OBIO
July 20th, 2009, 18:25
tobob

The best thing to do is to spend some time in the library and download all of The B-24 Guy's over haul packages. He not only revamped the MDLs to demirror the planes, he also added improved flight dynamics, improved dp files, better panels (and in some cases added panels, as some of the planes he worked on were not flyable in stock form). The skins that come with the over haul packages are much better than the stock ones.

Also, do a search by author in the library for RevEv. He did a ton of skins for the overhauled planes.

OBIO

tobob
July 21st, 2009, 05:27
I have some OH installed, but I think the problem could be caused by the fact that I have the pm_corsair by captmercy. Does this still need the overhaul?

oldwheat
July 21st, 2009, 11:32
Do the aircraft in question have both left & right side textures & if so, have they been properly saved in DXTbmp? If the textures have been opened up & tweaked in a graphics program, they will need to be saved again unless they are in 256 colors format. You can send the offending textures to me if you like. PM me.