PDA

View Full Version : Pilot's Yahoo Chatroom

Lionheart
July 19th, 2009, 18:44
For those of you that are addicted to SOH and talking about planes (and even Sims), there is an online Yahoo pilot chatroom called 'The Hanger'.

First, you must be a Yahoo member (I think the entire world has a free yahoo account), then click open the Chat 'thing' and at the top click 'Messenger/Yahoo Chat/Join a Room/ and paruse down to 'Recreation and Sports' and click that open, and scroll down to The Hanger, and click on that.

Sometimes there are some Russian bots in there that say goofy things, and usually have serial numbers attached to them, like Bambi'sWild_290348923. If you encouter the Bambi's, ignore them by right clicking on them and selecting 'ignore'. Then when a pilot comes in, you can all chat planes for a bit.

Just remember, everyone is in diff time zones, evening in England is morning in the 'Colonies' ;)

Some great people come in there. Some are airline pilots, some are regular down to earth, general aviation pilots, some are simmers like myself, some Air Traffic Control people, and stwardesses, (stewardesses really hate to be called that, so call them flight attendents or they will go crazy nuts).

So, if we go off line for a few days, this is your emergency chat outlet. :d

In Yahoo, I am socrates112. So if soc comes in, thats me.

:ernae:

Bill

Chacha
July 19th, 2009, 19:02
Good alternative, There is nothing like SOH though... where people talk about stuff and I learn a lot by just listening (reading)...

In Yahoo 'Hangar', I think I am eli....

(those were the days!) :running:

OBIO
July 19th, 2009, 19:14
I will have to check that out. My Yahoo alter ego is Suicidepooper. Don't ask.

OBIO

Lionheart
July 19th, 2009, 19:16
Hey ChaCha.. Yep, those were the days.. I forgot you were a Hanger member. We would have 50 or 60 people in there, all knew each other, someone always playing the music over their speakers or that girl in Canada playing live guitar.

No bots back then...

Those were the days.

I remember our Learjet pilot guy (not Ted?) talking about how Chicago ATC cleared him for a straight high speed ascent to 40K, (he had a country western singer on board) and he was going on about how cool that was of ATC, and Lew was in there, and he was the one that cleared it, lol... Small world.

Bill

Kiwikat
July 19th, 2009, 19:33
I'm in. Anyone wanna chat? :173go1:

TARPSBird
July 19th, 2009, 22:19
Bill,
I readily admit to being a dummy on occasion and this might be one of those occasions, but can you maybe give us a screen shot of the Yahoo page where we can access the Hangar chat? I went to Yahoo.com but the main page is so cluttered with assorted crap I don't know where to click.

Lionheart
July 19th, 2009, 22:31
What you do is sign up with Yahoo Messenger, creating your account.

Next, after you have Yahoo Messenger installed, start it up.
At the top is a toolbar of sorts. Click on 'Messenger' at the top of the colum like Messenger program window. Go here; Messenger/Yahoo Chat/Join a Room/ and paruse down to 'Recreation and Sports' and click that open, and scroll down to The Hanger, and click on that.

From there, you will need to manually enter a visual ID code to get in. Its supposed to keep out the bots but they still get in..

Bill

TARPSBird
July 19th, 2009, 22:41
Bill, thanks for your reply. Messenger requires Windows XP and I'm still running Windows ME :redface: so I guess the chat is out for me.

harleyman
July 20th, 2009, 07:11
aW mAN... i HATE THOSE MESSENGERS AND always REMOVE THEM FROM MY SYSTEMS....

Opps...caps lock was on....Sorry..i was not yelling about that...LOL

cheezyflier
July 20th, 2009, 09:06
aW mAN... i HATE THOSE MESSENGERS AND always REMOVE THEM FROM MY SYSTEMS....

Opps...caps lock was on....Sorry..i was not yelling about that...LOL

i had it for years until i recently picked up a bug assocaiated with it. i uninstalled it also. i didn't use it much anyhow. and i think you can also access the messenger online from the yahoo mail page anyhow.

mississippi
July 29th, 2010, 02:37
Does in one here at S.O.H. stell use Pilot's Yahoo Chatroom ? :wavey:

cheezyflier
July 29th, 2010, 05:42
wow! resurrecting a year old thread! to find it must have required some kind of magic :wavey:

Chacha
July 29th, 2010, 07:44
Does in one here at S.O.H. stell use Pilot's Yahoo Chatroom ? :wavey:

... Yeah once in a blue moon! =)