PDA

View Full Version : My 'old' website

Lionheart
July 17th, 2009, 19:28
I just found this in my webpages, lol... I didnt know I still had it.

Alot of these are long gone, or might still be available at Flightsim whom I worked with exclusively back in the old days..

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Lionheartsflightsimsite.html

Warning... These are ANCIENT!!! :-S

Bill

OBIO
July 17th, 2009, 19:59
"Ancient" they may be, but your series of Fairchild F24s is firmly a part of my FS2004 install. Love those planes. And your early Cessnas.

And those are all available on Flightsim.com and/or Simviation.com.

OBIO

EMatheson
July 17th, 2009, 21:20
Agreed - some of those early planes are GEMS! I LOVE your Cessna AW series (for example)!

PeteHam
July 17th, 2009, 22:11
....... Warning... These are ANCIENT!!! :-S

Bill

Mmmmmm ... what does that make us , who have these and still enjoy them :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I still have most of those and they get flown from time to time :applause:

The Wasp; Messenger Hawk Air Racer; Falcon Twin Helicopter and the Fairchild series were way ahead of anything else at the time. :jump:

Thanks Bill.

Pete.

Wing_Z
July 17th, 2009, 22:19
...and the Jabiru you so kindly loaned us is immortalized in New Zealand AI skies! :ernae:

Lionheart
July 17th, 2009, 22:25
Thanks guys.

I look at them now and I shudder. That was before I could make VC's, before I could paint in layers in Photoshop, before I knew much about gauges, let alone code.. and the Jabiru was the first one in Gmax.

Sometimes, I think we forget how much we learn in a week, in a month, in a year, and in a decade.....

Bill

JoeW
July 18th, 2009, 01:36
FSX is a good teacher ! :applause:

Chacha
July 18th, 2009, 13:14
There was this cool looking like motorcycle you once did, I dont know if it was launched, .... On the tip of my tongue... can someone read it ... AHHHHH...

Ok ... something Runner.... Blade Runner Movie? A police Car ...Police Spinner... Oh man I forgot... it was a concept by Syd Mead... Remember that? (I keep forgetting things now a days)

Eli :running:

CG_1976
July 18th, 2009, 13:52
Hi bill,

I still have your Sport Blimp, wonderful airship she is and with me it has 5 complete round the world trips. Thank you

bushpilot
July 18th, 2009, 14:00
I seem to remember that there was a Blade Runner Spinner made by you. I wonder if it's still available somewhere? BR is one of my favorite movies:jump::jump:

kilo delta
July 18th, 2009, 14:05
Didn't you also produce an F-19 Aurora? Some fantastic designs,Bill!:ernae:

Lionheart
July 18th, 2009, 16:19
Hey all,

Yep.. The infamous Spinner from Blade Runner. What a cool car that was in the movie. Syd did a fantastic job on it.

On the FS version, it came with 3 paint schemes, one being a Majestic MJ12 or Project Majik vehicle, (however its spelled). The vehicle featured some alot of interior instrumentation, night lighting on the gauges and exterior skins where the light panels were, fully retracting landing gear (tires and wheels), rear opening engine cover showing the mini fision propulsion drive, pop-forward doors, cool and radical looking wide rectangular half cylinder headlight between the front tire pods, and popup headlights. It also has a driveable version for just parusing FS land.

It was difficult to get the helicopter file to do 300 knots. I finally figured out how to do it. Tons of thrust, no helo main blade pull or torque load.. Still it would require some nose down for forward motion, but having a pure vertical liftoff was the really cool part.

No auto pilot unfortunately, and you cannot trim out a helo, so it was a bear to fly.

Bill

Lionheart
July 18th, 2009, 16:29
The F-136 Aurora looking craft was wild. The real one supposedly had actual vent pylons that blead out something like hydrogen into the atmosphere once you were at Mach, and it would ignite the fuel in the 'bell' of the sound barrier. This gave it a concussion wave that pushed the craft forward. Repeat this many times, and supposedly you were suddenly going very fast. Reports (rumours) said ultra Mach, which would be around 16M. Thats hearsay though. (The actual speed of the SR-71 is still secret and that was designed back in the 1950's).

Anyhow, on this bird, it is to be a daily recon and first strike vehicle, capable of atmospheric missions. The engines have a seal in them that converts the rear area into a rocket for exo-atmospheric travel. The hatch in the top is also a sunroof. Pilots can open it in flight and breath a bit when under 150 Knots, otherwise the system would auto-shut the hatch. Mini winglets deploy for low speeds (flaps). The hydrogen atmosphere injectors retract, I think with Tailhook command.

There is also a storage cavity which I placed some rockets in for the fun of it. Could be anything, from a satellite to cargo to camera equipment, to extra fuel.. (Running mail and supplies to the moon base?)

Lionheart
July 18th, 2009, 16:37
And lastly, the invaders Saucer from the old TV show.

Fun little design. I loaded it up with tons of controls graphics and lighting, added an 'examination table' in one of the side chambers. I had the original model to make it from, measured everything out, including the walls inside the craft.

I have no idea how they got out. Surely a floor hatch as they would climb up a latter to get into the craft on the show.

Propultion is all hidden in the floor and ring like exterior hull area.

On this one, I made an airfile that flew very fast, but had no aileron / roll. So you would use rudder control and divert the direction. It was based on the 'gyro' principals that many say the round UFO's have. Some say there is a mechanism or drive that has objects racing around in a ring in the craft, so I figured it would handle like a big gyro toy, so thats why you had no aileron control. But you do have elevators, so if you get it out of axis, you can do a 90 degree turn, and use Elevator input to get your craft back to zero axis, then return to original heading.

The craft had the entire interior, but if you didnt have that walk around program, you could never make it to the rear compartment, which was pretty wild. Only screenshots could show you whats back there.

Fun craft to model.. The top was to have some odd lights that go back and fourth, intercepting at points. It didnt work right. arrgh.. .

Wouldnt it be cool to make one of these, slightly bigger, as a mountain cabin? You could park the car under it, have a bedroom, everything... You'd probably want to try to find a gigantic satelite dish antennae to make the rounded bell hull from to make it easier to construct..

Bill

kilo delta
July 18th, 2009, 17:41
Bill...I'm always blown away at your talent!

NASA..DARPA...CIA....NSA................somebody.. ...hire this man to create these a/c for real!:icon_lol::medals::ernae:

bushpilot
July 19th, 2009, 06:55
Now... that Spinner is just too cool for school:medals:.

There's something really magical in the production design of that movie, it's so timeless, unlike most other scifi flics.

Lionheart
July 19th, 2009, 07:13
Now... that Spinner is just too cool for school:medals:.

There's something really magical in the production design of that movie, it's so timeless, unlike most other scifi flics.

I think it's sort of like Star Wars in a way, having a realistic look of thefuture and with some wild concepts depicted with a sort of realism.

Panther_99FS
July 19th, 2009, 07:57
'Back down memory lane' :mixedsmi:

Chacha
July 19th, 2009, 19:22
Bill...I'm always blown away at your talent!

NASA..DARPA...CIA....NSA................somebody.. ...hire this man to create these a/c for real! :icon_lol: :medals: :ernae:

Amen! :engel016:

Eli :running: