PDA

View Full Version : Question about NHancer

falcon409
July 17th, 2009, 15:33
I was directed to a very well written post By NickN (Nick Needham) about setting up your system and FSX for optimum performance and one section is devoted to the NHancer program for NVidia users:
http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041&PN=1
At the end of that section he notes that there is no "save" function per se, that as you make the changes they are basically written to the sim, also that once you're done that the NHancer program doesn't need to be running while the sim is running. . .is that correct?

spotlope
July 17th, 2009, 16:16
Yep, that's right. The changes aren't written to the sim per se, but the system graphics settings are updated by nHancer. After you've set it, as far as I know, you never need to run nHancer again unless you want to change a setting, or if you've updated your display drivers.

heywooood
July 17th, 2009, 16:18
yes that is correct - I have had Nhancer installed for a long time and its great.

just install it - then use the GUI -and with Nicks advice it really helps one get the most out of FSX - then I leave it in the tray so that when I install a new sim or whatever, I can open it quickly to make the adjustments I might need to make and then its done and can be exited completely..or just left in the tray.

falcon409
July 17th, 2009, 16:29
Great, thanks guys!!:ernae: