PDA

View Full Version : CFS3 Damage Text

Holmes
July 16th, 2009, 18:13
When my plane is hit and damaged, text appears indicating the damage. However, it does not remain long enough to fully read it.
How can I bring it up again?
I will appreciate your input.

Capt. Winters
July 16th, 2009, 20:01
Why Holmes, its elementry my dear man (he says in his best Dr watson accent)

Hi Holmes,

welcome to the Outhouse.:ernae:

to the best of my knowledge you cant re-display this text.

If you only take a few hits the message will stay normally long enough to be read, but if your taking a lot of hits, each hit generates its own text display which takes a line on the screen.

There is only a limited number of lines available to display the text, so as a new one comes up at the bottom the one closest to the top dissapears.
This will also happen when a message comes from your wingman as well (blue text) it will displace any older text.

If the text is disappearing quickly, I would forget about trying to read it and take evasive action as your being blasted from the sky..

HTH's

regards Rob.

Autothrottle
July 16th, 2009, 20:03
I dont think you really can bring it back up again to read. The fury of combat is so fast you will never really know what hit you. Just like what happened to so many pilots in World war two. I had out Nachtpilotens Uhu for a mission and I was shot up so badly so fast when I knew it I became a hole in the sky! Wrecked parts and all.

Pat Pattle
July 16th, 2009, 23:01
Hi Holmes, welcome aboard.:wavey: Be sure to download and install the ETO if you haven't already - it's flight simmings best kept secret!

Some folks find all that text quite annoying - If I remember correctly you can turn it off in the config file - 'disable text' or 'advisor warnings or similar.

Cheers,

Pat

BeauBrummie
July 16th, 2009, 23:10
If I remember correctly you can turn it off in the config file - 'disable text' or 'advisor warnings or similar.

Now I did not know that Pat!

Holmes
July 17th, 2009, 08:57
Thanks all for your replies. Your right, I'll concentrate more on evasive action when hit.
Regards, Holmes

scottfactor9
May 23rd, 2010, 16:54
I understand at the time that you should probably take evasive action, but I wish you could check damage afterwards (say maybe from map screen) such as in a case where you're no longer in immediate danger, and are returning home with no enemies nearby and need to do an assessment of your airplane's damage.

I guess it's not that important, but would be nice to check out after a firefight to see how crippled your plane is :salute:

HouseHobbit
May 23rd, 2010, 18:37
Evasive action, Wow whats that?
( He says with a smile)..:mixedsmi:
What fun is there in that?
I Just scream Ramming speed and go for it..
:applause::applause:

Autothrottle
May 23rd, 2010, 18:38
Personally I think in World War 2 in general , pilots did not know the true extent of their aircraft damages at least 99 percent of the time. Classic example is the legendary American Ace Robert Johnson, who after an encounter with Luftwaffe ace Egon Mayer sustained over 100 hits from machine gun fire, and lived to tell the tale. Upon landing back at his base in England (which was an absolute miracle for a P-47) the authorities stopped counting bullet holes after they reached 100!

As for the sim, in combat, you won't be around long enough to read damage texts. Thanks to the folks at microsoft. At least you know what you're really up against when you get hit. However, your aircraft will tell you when its done. It will either sieze its engines, burst into flames, or just fall out of the sky regardless of what you do. The only thing that can save you is altitude and intuition. Know when to bail out and when to ditch. Whichever side you choose, don't worry, there's always a replacement aircraft for you to fly.

Hope this helps