PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Wings Of Freedom Tour.... New Castle, DE

GT182
July 16th, 2009, 09:58
I'm pleased to officially announce that the Collings Foundation Wings of Freedom Tour will be at Delaware's New Castle County Airport(Wilmington) this August 17th thru the 19th.

Aircraft will be the B-17 "9O9", B-24 "Witchcraft", and TCP-51B "Betty Jane". And possibly the only flying, in the USA, 2 seat trainer version of the Me-262..... that's if all goes well and it's released from testing in time for our show. As of now it doesn't look good that the 262 will be here. The FAA still has to finish certifying her.

Link to the tour schedule is in my sig. New Castle is the next tour stop after Trenton, NJ.

If you're in the area, drop in and see what helped keep us free, and to honor those that manned these great aircraft. Many lost their lives in these aircraft and are not to be forgotten. These are only a token of the very few remaining and flying WWII bombers in the world today. The TCP-51B is the only surviving dual seat/dual instrument P-51B trainer flying in the world today. The Me-262, tho not an actual WWII aircraft, was built from the original plans and the Willow Grove Air Museum's Me-262, as a visual guide. It is the only 2 seater 262 flying in the world today.

And...
Anyone with a classic or muscle car is inviteed to the Cruise Night on August 18th, from 3 to ????? at the show. Signs will be posted for parking. Heck, even if you don't have a classic or a muscle car, stop in and see us.

Wittpilot
July 16th, 2009, 15:44
Sounds like you are going to have fun Gary... I hope that 262 makes it... It almost seems like we the public are never going to get to see that sucker fly in person... Is the B-25 still touring as well?

-witt

I hope to make it up to Thunder Over Michigan to see the Collings Phantom!

GT182
July 16th, 2009, 18:26
The public will see the 262 Witt, but more than likely next year. Yes, Tondelayo is on tour, but unfortunately she won't be here with us. A ride in her would have given me a "Hat Trick" for bomber rides. ;)

Yeah, it'll be fun for sure Witt. I live for their tour stop here. Someday I'd like to go on tour with them for a couple of months. Then I could be "Rag Boy #2" for a bit. LOL