PDA

View Full Version : New! Freeware Zeppelin NT

Flyboy208
July 16th, 2009, 07:05
Now up at Flightsim ...

FS2004 FlightPort Zeppelin NT

[ Download | View ]

Name: zepntfs910.zip Size: 44,074,659 Date: 07-16-2009
FS2004 FlightPort Zeppelin NT. The Zeppelin was built with FSDS3.5. Features multi LOD-model with animations for FS2004. Fully operable virtual cockpit, lighting and effects. A repaint set and five repaints are included. By Thomas Roehl, Joerg Hammes and Stefan Medelnik.

Cheers! Mike :wiggle:

Matt Wynn
July 16th, 2009, 07:12
cool, thanks for the HU :ernae:

Terry
July 16th, 2009, 09:14
Looks good, there is also an FSX and AI version.

VPL Paolo Lao
July 16th, 2009, 09:30
at last! an airship with VC

FlyTexas
July 16th, 2009, 09:49
Fan-frickin-tastic!! :applause::applause::applause: A Zeppelin NT, as I live and breathe! This beauty will have a permanent spot in my FS hangar. Thanks for the hu Mike, and a huge thanks to all involved in bringing this jewel to life.

Brian

Quax d. Bruchpilot
July 16th, 2009, 09:52
This one is simply great :applause: After the "Hindenburg" the 2nd great !!! "Luftschiff"

dhazelgrove
July 16th, 2009, 12:39
There's an AI version, too.

I'll be putting one...... where?

Dave

Terry
July 16th, 2009, 14:15

Dave

How about here. http://www.airships.net/zeppelin-rides-germany

KevinK
July 16th, 2009, 18:00

Dave

There's one based at Moffett Field, in the San Francisco Bay Area. Last time I saw it (last week) it was advertising Disney/Pixar's "Up" movie - somewhat appropriate.

In FS2004, two of the three airship hangars at Moffett are represented "out of the box" and there is more included in a freeware scenery package from John Stinstrom on Flightsim.

FlyTexas
July 16th, 2009, 18:21
May I recommend this excellent website to any airship fans here at SOH.

http://www.airshipmodeler.com/forums/index.php

This forum is an absolute treasure trove of airship knowledge. Of course you'll have to signup (free of course) to view many of the photos/drawings. :medals:

Brian

Moses03
July 16th, 2009, 18:40
Thanks for the headsup. Never tried an airship in FS2004 until now. Lot of fun to putter along with a great view.

TARPSBird
July 16th, 2009, 22:19
I've been fascinated by airships ever since the Navy blimps used to fly over my house when I was a kid. This is a great aircraft. Excellent detail overall, especially the cabin with the two opening doors and the nice VC panel. Haven't read the instructions yet (if there are any), it's just fun to lift off and cruise around. :)

Quax d. Bruchpilot
July 17th, 2009, 10:26
http://wkhost.webkicks.de/native/zeppie.jpg

Dont forget to press the "#" (break" key or the Truck learns to fly :mixedsmi:

Great addon !!! :ernae:

TARPSBird
July 17th, 2009, 10:53
Yeah, the mooring truck is covered in the instructions which I didn't read! :icon_lol:

Sarge
July 17th, 2009, 15:15
Dont forget to press the "#" (break" key or the Truck learns to fly

It's the Spoiler key on my end ("/") :bump:

Terry
July 18th, 2009, 01:43
Has anyone had any luck useing the AI model? When I tried, it takes off and flies straight to oblivion. Changing the air and cfg didn't help. Must be something in the model file.

Sarge
July 18th, 2009, 05:19
Has anyone had any luck useing the AI model? When I tried, it takes off and flies straight to oblivion. Changing the air and cfg didn't help. Must be something in the model file.

We're currently working on adding it to Lajes AB (LPLA). The traffic.bgl file is done, but had to create a seperate AFCAD file + add another runway. I hope you're not trying to fly the AI as a regular addon - are you?

Here are some screenshots (slideshow), flying from Yakutat (PAYA) to Sitka (PASI). Even got to do some Blue Whale watching while enroute!

SEE SCREENSHOTS (http://cid-5767b5043a940b22.skydrive.live.com/play.aspx/Zeppelin%20%7C5PAYA-PASI%7C6?ref=1)

Terry
July 18th, 2009, 08:07
We're currently working on adding it to Lajes AB (LPLA). The traffic.bgl file is done, but had to create a seperate AFCAD file + add another runway. I hope you're not trying to fly the AI as a regular addon - are you?

Here are some screenshots (slideshow), flying from Yakutat (PAYA) to Sitka (PASI). Even got to do some Blue Whale watching while enroute!

SEE SCREENSHOTS (http://cid-5767b5043a940b22.skydrive.live.com/play.aspx/Zeppelin%20%7C5PAYA-PASI%7C6?ref=1)

No, I'm not. I've made a lot of traffic files. At two different airports that have airships this one taxis out to the runway normally, takes off and goes straight out until it disappears. A different airship using the same traffic file will circle around and land.

No big deal, the flyable version is still nice and I have other airships for AI use.

Sarge
July 18th, 2009, 08:27
I'm experiencing the same thing...It seems they have a low LOD in the model itself. Hopefully he'll make an update on it.

Quax d. Bruchpilot
July 30th, 2009, 11:51
Somebody told me that the LZ works perfect with the "Helitraffic addon" never tried it by myself, sorry:kilroy:

I'm to busy with painting Transalls ...:isadizzy: