PDA

View Full Version : How cool is this.....

Tako_Kichi
July 15th, 2009, 14:30
This is located in a city next to the town I grew up in back in the UK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/08/uk_enl_1247677245/html/1.stm

The school needed more space and the cost of a portable classroom was too prohibitive so the headmaster thought 'outside the box' and bought a scrapped commuter plane that has been converted to classroom space for far less money! :applause:

I bet the kids just love going to school in that, I know I would (but they would have to use a pry bar to get me out of the cockpit!) :icon_lol:

I just Googled some info on the school and came across this article covering it's original arrival at the school with lots more photos.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1165888/Fasten-seat-belts-children-new-geography-classroom-landed-playground.html

Lionheart
July 15th, 2009, 14:45
That is AWESOME!

Man... I want one for my back yard! :d

hey_moe
July 15th, 2009, 15:10
It is nice to see a project like that where kids make a effort to improve themselves...to bad these hackers can't find a project like that to use the knowledge instead of finding way to destroy things.

kilo delta
July 15th, 2009, 15:16
It is nice to see a project like that where kids make a effort to improve themselves...to bad these hackers can't find a project like that to use the knowledge instead of finding way to destroy things.

Funny thing is that many hackers wind up being recruited by ligitimate corporations in order to test their network security.

Z-PurpleBubble
July 15th, 2009, 15:38

It depends a bit what they destroy, not? What if they would destroy the following servers/websites?

TPB
WoS
Any goverment server of North Korea
Any goverment server of Iran
Websites advocating Al Queada

Would you object? I doubt it.

Sorry to the original poster for going OT

Lionheart
July 15th, 2009, 15:56
Well put Moe.

Would be cool...

Must be really awesome for the kids. Brings some fun into School. Now all the near by kids will want to go to that school...

I wonder if the teacher is an FS pilot? :d

Bill