PDA

View Full Version : model (type 4) is missing in database

mölders
July 14th, 2009, 08:05
Hi all,

when opening a mission in mission builder I get an error

Model (for example ) "inf_XXXXXXX" (type 4) is missing in the object database.

Any ideas what this does mean ?

Thanks

Rami
July 14th, 2009, 08:31
Absolutely!

If you look at this:

[unit_type.0]
type_id=3808
unit_family=1
name=Brewster model 239 Buffalo

[unit_type.1]
type_id=3856
unit_family=1
name=Hawker Hurricane Mk. IIb

[unit_type.2]
type_id=3870
unit_family=2
name=Ilyushin DB-3

[unit_type.3]
type_id=3942
unit_family=1
name=MiG-3

[unit_type.4]
type_id=3954
unit_family=1
name=Petlyakov Pe-2-31

[unit_type.5]
type_id=3809
unit_family=4
name=Brewster model 239 Buffalo

[unit_type.6]
type_id=4018
unit_family=4
name=AF_IJN_140mm_Gun

[unit_type.7]
type_id=4222
unit_family=4
name=GER_Citroen_C11

[unit_type.8]
type_id=4224
unit_family=4
name=GER_OPEL_Blitz

[unit_type.9]
type_id=4226
unit_family=4
name=GER_OPEL_Blitz_Fuel

[unit_type.10]
type_id=4228
unit_family=4
name=GER_OPEL_Blitz_P

[unit_type.11]
type_id=4230
unit_family=4
name=GER_OPEL_Blitz_San

[unit_type.12]
type_id=4283
unit_family=4
name=inf_crates

[unit_type.13]
type_id=4309
unit_family=4
name=inf_oil_barrels

The type "1" refers to an aircraft / fighter (type 2 would be a bomber)

Type "3" refers to a moving vehicle, and type "5" refers to a moving ship.

In your case, "type 4" refers to a missing ground object. To fix, what you need to do is open up the .mis file with notepad or wordpad, and scroll down to the section listed above in this post...then take that list and match it against your "objects_dp" folder and find the object you're missing.

It just takes a little detective work. :ernae:

mölders
July 14th, 2009, 10:06
Hi,

thanks for your answer. The Objects are in the Objects dp folder.
The Error comes not only for one Object, it comes for all objects in all missions.
I can fly them but i can not take a look at the map (advanced Info) or open them in Mission Builder.
Maybe my CFS 2 is overloaded.

mölders
July 17th, 2009, 07:57
Nobody any Ideas.....?:blind::blind:

olaf1924
July 17th, 2009, 09:35
Is this a stock cfs2 or have you added on to it . I am thinking you missed adding a file correctly or added to much at one time like I did when I first began with cfs2.

Devildog73
July 17th, 2009, 16:09
molders, it is not just Objects_db. It is scenedb and mdlnames.txt also. Sometimes even the descript.dat file. Everything MUST agree for MB to properly recognize stuff.

Remember to delete ALL filelist.dat files, ALL *.cdp files and ALL index files after installing anything additional into CFS2.

Then make sure your Quick Combat file has every plane listed properly.

Then make sure ALL of your sound.cfg files are larger than 1kb and not aliased to a plane that you have replaced the sound folder in.

mölders
July 18th, 2009, 05:56
It is not a stock cfs2, I have much Addons and Theaters.
Thanks for your tips, I´ll trie to find the error.

erufle
July 19th, 2009, 06:37
It is possible to "overload" your computer with CFS2 add-ons. This is only one possible reason for your error and I would heed Rami's advice first.

Whether or not CFS2 is "overloaded" depends upon your computer's operating system and configuration. No one has been able to give me a specific answer as to what these parameters might be. I have found that keeping the OBJECTS_DP folder down to a bare minimum helps this problem on my one-and-a-half year old HP laptop running Vista. Instead of installing all of the weapons that are called for in the readme of a new plane I download, I open up the plane's dp file and insert stock weapons or one of the few that I have installed. While this works for my laptop, your computer's configuration may be limiting you in some other way. I suggest you clean out your install as best you can.

There are a few utilities that can be found in the out-house's downloads section that can help. While I cannot remember the names of these programs I can tell you there is one to clean out unused gauges, another to delete cdp files (I think it is here?), and another to delete filelist files. I am probably forgetting others. I use them all without problems. Just make sure that any required folders that are empty have a "dummy" file in them before using the filelist delete program as I seem to recall it will delete the unused files (at least one of the program's does this).

Even if your problem is caused by an erroneous entry as Rami said, CFS2 will run better if you keep it cleaned up.