PDA

View Full Version : Notice File Thumbs and FTP's

Ickie
July 12th, 2009, 04:18
Notice the thumbs for the FTP's will never be replaced.
They are lost.
It would take a person forever plus 1 day, to restore them and it just isn't worth the effort.
If you think I am going to install each zip file to my cfs-2 and do a screen shot, than re-upload the zip and screen shot and do a write up, well it just is not going to happen.
Why don't you do it, if you think it is so important?

We have an open FTP and if you do not like what you downloaded, just delete it.

Leave the staff out of this, ....... shoot across my bow ...... as I am responsible for this call.

Rami
July 12th, 2009, 04:29
Thank you, Ickie. :ernae:

Captain Kurt
July 12th, 2009, 07:37
I don't usually post general comments, but I will here. I am just grateful you guys were able to get the place running again. The thumbs are a nice to have, but not a need to have.

Maybe later after all the dust settles, if an author of a file cares enough to send you a thumb and description for a file you are hosting, you might be able look at putting it up. But if that NEVER happens, I am happy. A couple of my files hosted here have lost thumbnails and I am fine with that.

Salute to the staff and their dedication. Thank you.

pstrany
July 12th, 2009, 09:47
Given the devastation of the initial attack, we are lucky to have anything back at all. Perhaps anyone with an inclination to complain about a lack of thumbnails may wish to volunteer to produce said thumbnails?

Great job, Ickie, and you have our eternal gratitude for all your hard work, time and energy in keeping this place alive. To anyone else, before you open your mouth to complain about this or that, I suggest you try taking a walk in Ickie's shoes for a while. If your corns ain't hurtin' after that, then you're a better man than I.....

Tango_Romeo
July 12th, 2009, 13:00
You've answered the question and your call only makes sense. :wavey:

merlin2
July 12th, 2009, 15:17
Thanks to Ickie, Rami, Tango and all who support this great resource and community.

merlin2

Cowboy1968
July 12th, 2009, 19:29
you know why are we even discussing pity things like thumbnails. I am just thankful we still have out databases and our forums and all the knowledge we have built here over the years. The loss of those thumbs in IMHO is well worth it, given the fact that we still retain our community knowledge here.

Thanks staff for all your great work. I would have really hated loosing this depository.

hellcat44
July 13th, 2009, 06:31
Thanks Ickie. :medals:

Blondi
July 15th, 2009, 12:21
Thanks Ickie,I don't need the Thumbnails.I Will just be gratefull to get the Zip files back up.Thanks again for all the work everyone is doing.:ernae:

BLONDI:cost1:

egypt23spitfire
July 18th, 2009, 00:05
.................:ernae:PSTRANY said it all:ernae:

..............:icon29:.thanks ICKIE for all your hard work gettin us back up so quick:guinness::guinness:

erufle
July 19th, 2009, 04:55
Hey if Tango says its cool its gotta be! :ernae:

Morton
August 9th, 2009, 06:59
Agree. Thumbs not that important.
But before i let the subject go; When you click on the thumb pic, you actually will have the link to the missing picture in response dont you? Seems to me all the thumbs are stored together in the respective SOH upload catagory. (Skins, Missions, Campaigns etc..) So if i had the permission to reupload my thumbs with the same name to correct folder on the SOH server it would work?
Just curious.

Mort