PDA

View Full Version : help with airfile

trasno
July 12th, 2009, 04:12
Hi all

I want to add a "boost" to an airfile, so the plane can take off from a small carrier (simulation of a catapult take off). Wich entries in the airfile have I to tweak?

many thanks

Trasno

bearcat241
July 12th, 2009, 06:21
You can alter the aircraft.cfg's power scalar from 1.0 to 1.2, but this will also make the model fly faster than historical specs through its entire performance envelope. In other words, it'll be a little hotter than you may prefer overall. This side effect may not be what you prefer.

You can also add WEP to the engine in record 505 by opening the air file of a Hellcat or Corsair and copying the war emergency power type, manifold boost and boost gain values from their record 505 area. This also may not authentic, but it gives you an option that's more selective in usage and it doesn't affect the entire horsepower range of the engine throughout the flight session. You can choose to only use WEP on short takeoffs and keep it deactivated for all other flying. And unlike the former option above, it won't affect AI performance either. They don't use WEP at all, but they are affected by power scalar bumps in the cfg.

trasno
July 13th, 2009, 07:34
Thanks for the answer. I was thinking that I read somewhere that is possible to add a "methanol-water" injection in the air file, lasting only a few seconds. Is it possible?

trasno

UncleTgt
July 13th, 2009, 07:47
did you consider TR's catapult?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=10231&highlight=catapult

:kilroy:

trasno
July 13th, 2009, 08:29
IŽll try it.

Trasno

bearcat241
July 13th, 2009, 11:34
Thanks for the answer. I was thinking that I read somewhere that is possible to add a "methanol-water" injection in the air file, lasting only a few seconds. Is it possible?

trasno

The default timing for all WEP types in CFS2 is 300 seconds (5 minutes). You activate and deactivate it with the W key, But if you activate and let it run it will cut off automatically in 5 minutes and be disabled for the rest of your flight. All you have to do is activate it for take offs and deactivate it after you've gained good airspeed and lift.

After adding methanol WEP (or whatever type) to the air file, you can also put a timer syntax in your aircraft.cfg file under [Piston Engine] that reduces the allotted 5 minutes to whatever you want:

[piston_engine]
power_scalar=1.00
emergency_boost_duration = 300 (reduce this in seconds)

trasno
July 13th, 2009, 11:54
thanks Bearcat

Trasno