PDA

View Full Version : Offcial Rise of Flight vision statement.

Nausicaa
July 10th, 2009, 10:56
The ROF publishers have posted a very interesting letter about their vision of Rise of Flight. A long and good read, with this one as especially interesting:

On Friday July 10th we will give all North American and European customers the Albatros D5 and Nieuport 28 for free. We see that a misunderstanding about these aircraft has developed in the community. We would like to clear that up by making these planes available and we believe this decision will make several of our customers very happy.

Full read here (http://riseofflight.com/Blogs/post/2009/07/10/Rise-of-Flight-Vision-Statement.aspx#continu).

They also state that new planes are about 5-6€. That is the price of a packet of cigarettes in Europe, and I should frankly smoke less, haha. Personally I would be more than happy to pay this price for a new high-quality plane.

I think we should consider giving this outstanding new flight sim a little place on SOH --After all this is a support for the genre, too.

crashaz
July 10th, 2009, 11:22
Ya know.. I don't have this yet... but it is on my radar. SOH started out as Combat Flight Center and I believe that... based on the enthusiastic reviews by some of our members..that we must support this combat simulator.

I 2nd the motion put forth by our esteemed member from (Germany?)

:wavey:

Ridge
July 10th, 2009, 11:22
7.62 US Dollars
5.45 Euros

My gosh, they are making references to AKs!

djscoo
July 10th, 2009, 11:24
:applause: A nice surprise, and I'll second the Rise of Flight forum idea!

rpjkw
July 10th, 2009, 14:53
I have to agree with the previous posters; I think supporting RoF is an excellent idea. I'm intrigued with RoF and a forum would make things much easier.

Bob

Lionheart
July 10th, 2009, 15:17
It is an awesome combat simulator with phenomenal graphics and effects.

Great to hear about the 2 new planes coming on board. I for one would have bought them for that price. For such detail, its a real deal.

The X-Plane room is not doing to well. Perhaps, if everyone agrees, or through vote, we could just switch the room over from X-Plane to Rise of Flight? That way we lose no room on the site in total.

Bill

Panther_99FS
July 10th, 2009, 15:33
Fantastic news!

Nausicaa
July 10th, 2009, 15:33
Well it's not any real room, L-heart...this is not a house ;-) Don't want to put any X-plane fan off either. I don't have RoF yet, but I am planning to get it SOON...and since I play now on a professional 3D rendering machine (8gig RAM baby, yarrrh) I intent to put that thing up to the maximum. Currently trying to get the old guys together for action....:bump:DO YOU WANT TO PLAY CFS3 FOREVER? lolll

Nausicaa
July 10th, 2009, 15:51
very nice vid

FcTGVuBZ5c0&feature=related

Lionheart
July 10th, 2009, 16:54
Roger that Nausica.

For those interested, I have it. I am not a huge combat sim ace so I dont really count for a good reviewer on it. But I can tell you the details on this sim are huge. The beauty of the landscape, the trees and grass, the crash detail and damage detail is incredible (imagine being able to see in torn holes in the wing fabric, seeing the ribs inside). The engines are also each manageable, from radiators to mixture controls, etc, or can be auto-managed so you get in some combat time. Also, your carb's can be set to stall out when inverted too long.

If you are flying over the 'no man's land', you can select 'view enemy' and see the animated guys on Flak cannon trucks, and all.

No clickables within the VC's. All done on keyboard commands, which helps free you up on looking around for the enemy. (Its danged hard looking around those darn wings, trying to keep a bird in your sites long enough to put some airvents in his plane.. arrgh).

Its a pretty incredible sim.