PDA

View Full Version : Hey Cazz, don't you love when a little guy win ?!

dominique
July 8th, 2009, 08:00
I do... A nice win for Thomas Voeckler. The guy tries , tries and tries again. Always ahead in the race and always swallowed by the peloton before the finish line. Not today !

BTW how do you say "coup de bordure" in cycling English (the breaking of a peloton when it takes a fan formation to fight a lateral wind ) ?

Cazzie
July 8th, 2009, 08:14
I do... A nice win for Thomas Voeckler. The guy tries , tries and tries again. Always ahead in the race and always swallowed by the peloton before the finish line. Not today !

BTW how do you say "coup de bordure" in cycling English (the breaking of a peloton when it takes a fan formation to fight a lateral wind ) ?

Buy what a finish!

I never dreamed the main peloton would be that close at the finish, so close that Cavendish still got maximum points for his green jersey with a third place finish.

But yes, that was a terrific strategic move by Thomas Voeckler and a win for his native France.

"Coup de bordure" would simply be a "split in the Peloton" for us Anglais. In the US, it is popular to call the Peloton "the Pelican". Just a cheesy US slang that developed during the old Tour de pont.

Bravo for the tour committee making this Tour an actual timed race with no time bonuses for sprint finishes or finish line placement. This is how it should be, may the best man win.

Caz