PDA

View Full Version : HU! Another David Rowberry creation

Motormouse
July 7th, 2009, 13:23
over at Flightsim.com

FS2004/FSX A-I-R Atos VR. The Atos VR is the all out highest performer of a series of rigid wing hang gliders manufactured by Aeronautic Innovation Ruhle (A-I-R). Built for the serious XC and/or competition pilot it is a 13.3:1 aspect ratio super ship with a 45 foot wingspan that is as easy to foot launch as any flex wing, but with a performance that is in a different league. This model made with Gmax has aircraft animations and an all singing and dancing pilot that runs during landing and take-off, transfers his position to prone and weight shifts to control the glider . The wing structure is visible through the translucent fabric covering and the compound flight instrument is custom built. By David Rowberry.

ttfn

Pete

Wing_Z
July 7th, 2009, 14:28
Yup!
There is an auto-installer on my machine which recognizes the term "Rowberry" ;)
They pop up every time I have a yen to throw myself off a mountain...

Txmmy83
July 7th, 2009, 14:38
the only thing I wonder is that he hasnt yet done an Paraglider

BR
Tom

Lionheart
July 7th, 2009, 18:51
Thanks Pete for the heads up!

Looks fantastic!

Nice new plane you have made Tom! I hope it does very well.

Bill

guzzi
July 8th, 2009, 07:29
the only thing I wonder is that he hasnt yet done an Paraglider

BR
Tom

Dave's thing is flying wings

Lionheart
July 8th, 2009, 10:31
I took it up lastnight before bed. Dang, what a sweet model. Has a little handheld glide ratio meter with the familiar tone sound they make that changes with glide rates.

Get this... The guy climbs up into his suit pod thing when you hit G key (retracting landing gear command). When you land, and you are in panel mode, and you lower the landing gear (legs), there is a zipper sound effect with that, lol.. Also, when you touch down, the guy grunts from the impact and takes two steps.

I have always wanted to do that to try out 'walking' in FS, and this guy has done it quite well, though only two steps.

Ingenious model work! Ingenious.... And very well done.

Bill

guzzi
July 8th, 2009, 10:36
You ought to check out his other models at flightsim.com if you haven't already done so - I rate Dave has one of the best modellers out there.

Motormouse
July 8th, 2009, 11:49
You ought to check out his other models at flightsim.com if you haven't already done so - I rate Dave has one of the best modellers out there.

agreed..his Horten tail-less glider is a real beauty too

ttfn

Pete

PilatusTurbo
July 8th, 2009, 13:19
Now all we need is decent thermals in FS9. I used some static thermals by a dude I can't remember, from South America I think. It would show these aweful white clouds about 10,000 agl where the thermals were, and they were either enabled in the scenery library and always on, or not.

However, it was still fun as heck. I just wonder if there's better thermals out there? I'm not knocking that guys' thermals, just if there are more dynamic ones available for FS?

I remember flying Dave's hang glider many times through the thermal just west of Deer Valley, out here in AZ. Lots of fun, and if you like gliders, go find the Basis Mag-15. It's a fictional glider, but one of the neatest lookin' gliders you'll ever see. Looks basic, but very sleek and beautiful in my mind.

Motormouse
July 8th, 2009, 13:37
I use Eric Cardens' 'Cross-Country Soaring 2004' which works with fsuipc
can't remember where I got it from right now, a 'google' should work though

ttfn

Pete

Sarge
July 8th, 2009, 13:38
Get this... The guy climbs up into his suit pod thing when you hit G key (retracting landing gear command). When you land, and you are in panel mode, and you lower the landing gear (legs), there is a zipper sound effect with that, lol.. Also, when you touch down, the guy grunts from the impact and takes two steps.

Agree! I had a GREAT flight with this Glider (CLICK HERE (http://cid-5767b5043a940b22.skydrive.live.com/play.aspx/LPGR-LPLA?ref=1)). I flew from one island to another (Graciosa-Lajes AB), roughly 48.9 NM.

PilatusTurbo
July 8th, 2009, 14:13
Not a bad idea, MM. I did try that in the past, and never could get it working.

It looks like fun, but I'll try it sometime later. I just gotta figure it out. :ernae: :bump:

Wing_Z
July 8th, 2009, 15:42
I use Eric Cardens' 'Cross-Country Soaring 2004' which works with fsuipc...
Loved Eric C's programme.

Also Peter Lürkens' Simulator Tools (http://luerkens.homepage.t-online.de/peter/) which is compatible, generates thermal scenery.
I"ve never gotten round to trying it, but looks interesting.

guzzi
July 9th, 2009, 08:04
The best site for soaring add -ons in MSFS are http://www.fsglider.de/p_e.htm and http://www.virtualsoaring.org/

Tuor2112
July 9th, 2009, 16:37
Can someone send me CCS2004 + Swiss slope data as Eric's site/Avsim are down?