PDA

View Full Version : Re-paint of Mr Chris Herring's DH-4 Does Not Work

casey jones
July 7th, 2009, 09:12
I feel I am very good at adding re-paints to my planes but this time I have not been sucessful. I very much like to fly Mr Herring's DH-4 it is a true piece of history, then I saw a re-paint for it of the US Postal Service DH-4, hurray I thought just what I want...imagine my dismay when I went through the simple process of adding the US Postal re-paint to my DH-4,
I studied the re-paint instruction carefully, the instructions of the re-paint I think is by Mr Cook? Forgive me if I got it wrong (I hope not) The re-paint instructions said "You must use Mr Herring's DH-4 Observation version. I went through the process 10 times to no avail, the plane just showed up in blank gray colors. What can I be doing wrong?

Cheers

Casey

OBIO
July 7th, 2009, 10:09
Copy the top section of the config file, the part where the paints are listed. Seeing what is there will help us help you.

OBIO

Wim
July 7th, 2009, 11:01
This is what probably goes wrong. The repaint is not for Chris Herring's DH-4 observation plane, but for the plain DH-4, which can be found here at the SOH downloads. Look for the DH-4 by NCgent in the FS2004 aircraft section.

After adding the texture to the aircraft folder and update the aircraft.cfg file. Delete the "M" in the [fltsim.1] section. Ohterwhise the plane won't show. After this all should work well.

[fltsim.1]
title=DeHavilland DH-4M USPO
sim=DH-4 M<--- delete this M
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=uspo
kb_checklists=
ui_manufacturer=De Havilland
ui_type=DH-4
ui_variation=DH-4M, U.S. Post Office

Cheers Wim

IVANOW
July 11th, 2009, 10:51
The texture names in plane and paint are different .
Tried 2 more paints and they work good .

IVANOW
July 12th, 2009, 08:05
Found it.
The paint is for the DH-4 , not the DH-4 Observer .