PDA

View Full Version : '1.5 Million Minis' Since 2001'

Panther_99FS
July 6th, 2009, 16:30
http://automotive.speedtv.com/article/autos-15-millionth-mini-rolls-off-assembly-line/ :unitedkingdom:

kilo delta
July 7th, 2009, 02:56
I prefer the classic Mini tbh. It was my first road car....fitted with a 1275cc engine and some 10" minilite alloys.:ernae:

OBIO
July 7th, 2009, 08:06
Same here...I prefer the original Mini. Such a super cute car, but one that has proven itself time and time again on race tracks. The new "Mini" just isn't close to the class of the original...same goes for the New Bug...a pale characterization of the original VW Bug.

OBIO

Snuffy
July 7th, 2009, 08:10
I prefer something more stable that I might survive a crash in ... I'll keep my GMC Z72 Sierria ...

thanks.

stiz
July 7th, 2009, 08:23
there will only be ONE type of mini! :england:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-abc/Austin-Mini-Cooper-Sport-red-f-lr.jpg

everything else is just a car from germany :kilroy:

Lionheart
July 7th, 2009, 09:46
<--- former factory test driver of the 'Britonian' made Mini's (for about 2 months)

Radical little cars!

How on Earth do they make it so roomy inside and on the outside, its the size of a toy that kids would play in? Would this be 'dimensional Tardus technology???'

:d

Quixoticish
July 7th, 2009, 10:19
Can't stand the new mini to be honest. The majority of them seem to be driven by absolute clueless plonkers as well, probably hairdressers or estate agents.

Matt Wynn
July 7th, 2009, 10:23
i hate new minis, they seem to think they're god of the road i like playing games with one, pull up to some lights if ones next to me i either a)rev my bike loudly if i'm on it and i spot their window open, then accelerate slowly, let them go ahead and then open the floodgates, or b) if my mum lets me use her mx-5 i give them the camp hand gesture and just floor it, old minis i actually pull alongside of and just stay there and back admiring it, even better if you get on drivers side and its a cute lass y'know :icon_lol:

grunau_baby
July 7th, 2009, 11:41
I second your thoughts, Stiz!!! The new mini is just a BMW trying very hard to be cute and stylish. Mostly poseurs and frustrated females owning them here, always driving like cavemen!

The classic minicīs got style and is of radical design. Concerning inside space and carsize, Bill: the designer is greek. Typical mediteranean cardesign (french, italian, etc.) small for narrow roads, goes anywere and enough space for the entire family. And the top of the cream, you still get pretty much driving fun!

Alex

Cazzie
July 7th, 2009, 12:50
Any of you blokes ever seen or driven a twin Mini?

Two engines, one in front and one in the rear, two trannies, both synced. Outrageous performance, beating e-type Jags and the like.

Friend of mine in Raleigh, NC had one (1965 model), let me drive it, have wanted one ever since. Most ridiculous fool-hardy little car you'd ever see, but oh me, I was only 20, it was such fun!

You ever see any in the antipodean part of the world Wombat?

Caz

kilo delta
July 7th, 2009, 13:04
Only "Twin" mini I ever saw was waay back in the early 80's at a classic car show/air show. It was made out of 2 Mini front sections ie two cars were cut and the front sections ,up to the B pillar, were welded together! Crazy looking contraption that could be driven from either end:icon_lol:

Panther_99FS
July 8th, 2009, 05:00
Like 'em or not - From a sales perspective, they're a huge success & that dictates they should continue to be produced :mixedsmi: :d

noddy
July 8th, 2009, 23:49
Can't stand the new mini to be honest. The majority of them seem to be driven by absolute clueless plonkers as well, probably hairdressers or estate agents.

I agree.

Plus the dealers are pretty much the same as well.

kilo delta
July 9th, 2009, 05:00
I'd give my right nut to have an original mini fitted with a Honda VTEC B16A2 or Hayabusa engine.:icon_lol: