PDA

View Full Version : I need you guys help again, read below

hey_moe
July 6th, 2009, 15:50
Well Ickie's new monitor bit the dust...I told him to let us go ahead and keep the drive going but he felt you guys had put out enough so he settled for a cheaper monitor ( 300.00 ). Before I start this drive and do it the right way I would like to know how you guys feel. It sales for around 1700.00 to 1800.00 bucks. Ickie uses it 24/7 and the Apple monitor is a low voltage and is more set up to do what he needs it to do and to run this site. Money is pretty tight for everybody so I will leave it up to you guys as to what ya wanna do. You have seen in the past couple of months the trouble that has happened to our site along with other flight sites. It is s thankless job with loads of hours and no sleep. Ickie has been there for us every time and when the site fails or something isn't right you know who we call...it sure ain't Moe...lol For the members who are really tight but want to help I can fork out another hundred bucks for a contest. BTW, the ones who paid buy check cost a lot to not only cash and deposit the out of country checks but also to have the money exchanged.Linda said there was nothing she could do about how her bank handle it. Post what cha wanna do...Mike

CLICK HERE TO DONATE (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/ickie.htm)

Chacha
July 6th, 2009, 16:40
Where can we send the contributions.... Send us a link!

Eli :running:

PS...

Ickie deserves the MOST RELIABLE MONITOR on the Planet earth!!!

Trans_23
July 6th, 2009, 16:49
I can probably squeeze the turnip one more time Moe.

cheezyflier
July 6th, 2009, 18:56
if i do it late at night, i can prolly slip a little one by on the c.c.

TARPSBird
July 6th, 2009, 22:14
Mike, I assume the unit you have in mind for Ickie is the Apple Cinema Display 30" LCD monitor. I certainly appreciate all that Ickie does to keep SOH operating efficiently and securely and I want him to have good hardware, but $1700+ is a healthy chunk of change. There is an Apple Cinema Display 24" LCD for about $900. Would that suffice? Bottom line, I'll defer to you to determine what's suitable, but paying twice the price for less than 40% more screen display doesn't seem real cost-effective.

mariereid
July 7th, 2009, 03:55
Hi Guys; just to let you know, both my letters were not delivered, something about fatal errors, saw it in my spam folder a couple of minutes ago.

Kiwikat
July 7th, 2009, 07:26
I'm not quite sure why he would need an Apple monitor :kilroy:

Get him the Samsung 24 inch (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001275) (<- URL) instead. My 22 inch is by far the best monitor I have ever seen. The 24 inch is only better. 310 dollars vs. 900 dollars too... Regardless, I wish I had the money to pitch in. After my camera I'll be lucky to afford school in the fall. :(

Just my thoughts :monkies:

jmig
July 7th, 2009, 11:03
I'm not quite sure why he would need an Apple monitor :kilroy:

Get him the Samsung 24 inch (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001275) (<- URL) instead. My 22 inch is by far the best monitor I have ever seen. The 24 inch is only better. 310 dollars vs. 900 dollars too... Regardless, I wish I had the money to pitch in. After my camera I'll be lucky to afford school in the fall. :(

Just my thoughts :monkies:

I second this. Why do we need a 30" monitor? You could purchase two 22" or 24" monitors for less money. Is there some reason a 30" Apple monitor is needed?

Snuffy
July 7th, 2009, 11:41
I run an Acer and have absolutely no problems.

A 40 incher would be nice though eh?

hey_moe
July 7th, 2009, 16:51
OK....let's go with the 24inch.

Chacha
July 7th, 2009, 17:26
As I understood it, Ickie needs a NEW MONITOR! (a 6 inch or a 60 inch monitor whatever we can afford to give him!) DO you wanna pitch in for these? If yes, say yes, if no say no... So Moe can start collecting! Now if Moe collects $6 or $6,000 out of this, then it is not a big deal. So FELLOW SOH brothers and sisters, do you want to pitch in???? So Moe can start collecting... and lets not waste time... Time is precious ...Ickie MUST have that monitor ASAP.. whether it's an apple or a banana... Do you want to pitch in!?? :ernae:

Thanks fellas,

jmig
July 7th, 2009, 19:25
As I understood it, Ickie needs a NEW MONITOR! (a 6 inch or a 60 inch monitor whatever we can afford to give him!) DO you wanna pitch in for these? If yes, say yes, if no say no... So Moe can start collecting! Now if Moe collects $6 or $6,000 out of this, then it is not a big deal. So FELLOW SOH brothers and sisters, do you want to pitch in???? So Moe can start collecting... and lets not waste time... Time is precious ...Ickie MUST have that monitor ASAP.. whether it's an apple or a banana... Do you want to pitch in!?? :ernae:

Thanks fellas,

Honey will get you more flies than vinegar.

hey_moe
July 8th, 2009, 03:01
Hey guys lets not fuss over this, it is just a suggestion right now and it doesn't have to be done at all. Ickie is the one who keeps the site safe and also does 98% of the work and upkeep. We have a lot of retired members, young,old,non working, unemployed...ect..ect. Money is tight for everybody and some are even worried about there current job. I can understand all of this. This is nothing more than a suggestion right now. When we replaced his computer I was floored how fast the members came together and took care of everything.Right now before I set up the fund drive I want to make sure members want to go in this direction. This time I will only be doing PayPal....it was way to much trouble on the checks. We had some donate 5 or 10 bucks with a check and by the time the bank took out all of their charges and process fees for out of country checks there may have been a dollar left...lol. Not to mention a few bad checks that also cost. I didn't even do anything about the bad checks...I just told Linda to pull them and not to kick it back to the member and just take it out of our account to fix it.I for sure ain't going in that direction again. Anyway that's in the past, I want to move forward with this monitor, so if you can help that will be fine. if not that is ok to.

mariereid
July 8th, 2009, 03:59
Hey guys, I have no problem with parting with 100 bucks. I always send m.o. from canada in us funds, the pay pal does not work for me. Like you said by the time everyone takes a cut, 5 bucks is nothing. The way I see it sending 10 bucks and having to pay 6 bucks for money order is nuts. It cost 6 no matter what you send. I will send friday, it usually arrives a week latter in Floridia. Also, I sent some money a couple of weeks ago that I was hoping would help the guys who give us the great addons and also the staff. If that is still kicking around, I quess this would be a good way to use it, see ya

Old Tiger
July 8th, 2009, 04:18
:wavey:Got me for ten, Glad to help:ernae:

jmig
July 8th, 2009, 04:21
Moe, I suggest that you set up the PayPal link and post it. Buy whatever monitor you can with whatever amount of money you receive.

I am sure the members will once again surprise you with its generosity. Most members appreciate icky and what to help if possible.

Chacha
July 8th, 2009, 07:41
I apologize if I sound sour on this... Please accept my sincerest apology... (Jmig) John and others... I appreciate you informing me... I dont mean to mean sour...(bitter) I just want to help and have fun...

Rami
July 8th, 2009, 07:43
I forwarded a donation to the cause.

Odie
July 8th, 2009, 08:56
Well Ickie's new monitor bit the dust...I told him to let us go ahead and keep the drive going but he felt you guys had put out enough so he settled for a cheaper monitor ( 300.00 ). Before I start this drive and do it the right way I would like to know how you guys feel. It sales for around 1700.00 to 1800.00 bucks. Ickie uses it 24/7 and the Apple monitor is a low voltage and is more set up to do what he needs it to do and to run this site. Money is pretty tight for everybody so I will leave it up to you guys as to what ya wanna do. You have seen in the past couple of months the trouble that has happened to our site along with other flight sites. It is s thankless job with loads of hours and no sleep. Ickie has been there for us every time and when the site fails or something isn't right you know who we call...it sure ain't Moe...lol For the members who are really tight but want to help I can fork out another hundred bucks for a contest. BTW, the ones who paid buy check cost a lot to not only cash and deposit the out of country checks but also to have the money exchanged.Linda said there was nothing she could do about how her bank handle it. Post what cha wanna do...Mike

Post a link, Moe ! I'm in !

hey_moe
July 8th, 2009, 09:14
OK, there is a link in my first post for donations...do you guys want me to list your name as the money comes in which is a pain in me hinnie or just list how much is in the fund...which is easier...Mike....BTW after you guys do the monitor I been looking at a new truck...you guys wanna buy that too...:ernae: or is dat pushing it...lol:engel016:

TARPSBird
July 8th, 2009, 09:26
Mike, save yourself some hassle and just list how much has been donated. That way the donors can give what they feel comfortable with and not feel embarrassed if their amount is less than somebody who gives a hefty donation. :)

hey_moe
July 8th, 2009, 09:32
TB, I would rather do it that way for the same reason...plus it saves me a lot of time in the morning.....Mike

TARPSBird
July 8th, 2009, 11:00
Yes, keep it simple and if some folks want to announce their donation to show their support of SOH they can post here. :)
This probably goes without saying, but I hope the new monitor has an ironclad warranty to avoid any future goat-ropes like Ickie's ASUS problem.

hey_moe
July 8th, 2009, 16:05
I think if there is enough money left over I am gonna buy one of the free replacements with a extend warranty until he dies.:ernae:
Yes, keep it simple and if some folks want to announce their donation to show their support of SOH they can post here. :)
This probably goes without saying, but I hope the new monitor has an ironclad warranty to avoid any future goat-ropes like Ickie's ASUS problem.