PDA

View Full Version : Lost AI

jojohnson9
July 6th, 2009, 15:15
:gameoff:I've got no AI...no planes, ships, nothin'. What happened...HELP! :isadizzy:

Cactuskid
July 6th, 2009, 16:22
:gameoff:I've got no AI...no planes, ships, nothin'. What happened...HELP! :isadizzy:

We'll need more information than that... What AI have you lost? Default or add-0n? Are you using any FS9 AI? If so, are all your traffic bgl's converted to FSX? Any recent changes to your fsx.cfg?

The more info we have, the better to help you trace down your problem... :wiggle:

jojohnson9
July 6th, 2009, 16:49
We'll need more information than that... What AI have you lost? Default or add-0n? Are you using any FS9 AI? If so, are all your traffic bgl's converted to FSX? Any recent changes to your fsx.cfg?

The more info we have, the better to help you trace down your problem... :wiggle:
I've lost all AI...Default and add-on.
I'm sure I have some FS9 AI in my aircraft folder...how do I check which are FS9?
How do I check the traffic bgl's to see if they are FSX. I have not converted any, don't know how.
Wow, I'm clueless, ain't I.
I have made some fsx.cfg changes....to the onscreen message displays. Nothing that should cause this problem...unless I changed something by mistake.

harleyman
July 6th, 2009, 17:36
Have you added any add on AI lately?

Some programs if not converted will make all FSX AI planes go away..Not sure about boats and such though...

You can try a repair with the FSX disks if you have added no AI programs lately...

You can delete your FSX config and let it build a new one and see...

Or you can restore your computer to an earlier time when all worked

njbb1995
July 6th, 2009, 18:45
Have you turned you AI off and forgot to turn it on again

swimeye
July 6th, 2009, 23:43
adding FS9 AI traffic files make the FSX AI disappear. So make sure to remove all FS9 Traffic bgl´s that you have added. It may be difficult to know which ones are fs9 if you dont keep track of what you have added lately.

If you want an easy converter for flightplans you can use AI-flightplanner. It is easy to use and very good.

The long way of doing this is to remove all your traffic bgl files and then add them one by one and check which one makes the AI disappear. :frown:

jojohnson9
July 7th, 2009, 02:21
adding FS9 AI traffic files make the FSX AI disappear. So make sure to remove all FS9 Traffic bgl´s that you have added. It may be difficult to know which ones are fs9 if you dont keep track of what you have added lately.

If you want an easy converter for flightplans you can use AI-flightplanner. It is easy to use and very good.

The long way of doing this is to remove all your traffic bgl files and then add them one by one and check which one makes the AI disappear. :frown:
This looks like where my problem is....I'm very sure I have FS9 traffic bgl's loaded in FSX. I'll work on finding and getting rid of them.
Thanks for all the advice.:icon_lol:

swimeye
July 7th, 2009, 02:40
NP, and good luck hunting down the fs9 file/files. :jump:

IanP
July 7th, 2009, 07:34
If you download AI Flight Planner from... er, anywhere you can get it from, that will search for and recompile FS9 format plans as FSX.

That's your easiest solution.

jojohnson9
July 7th, 2009, 07:44

I went through all my addon scenery (lots of it) and removed all traffic files that did not indicate FSX traffic (_FSX.bgl). Now I have planes flying all over the place.
I've downloaded AI Flightplanner and will use it to convert the removed files.
Thanks again for the help (and to you, Ian) :ernae:

IanP
July 7th, 2009, 07:48
I was hoping you'd get that message before you got too far into hunting... Been there, done that. Took hours! :sleep:

Just out of interest, where did you find it? I need a new place to send people to, as my source was Avsim which is still showing no signs of librarical life. :S

jojohnson9
July 7th, 2009, 13:04
I was hoping you'd get that message before you got too far into hunting... Been there, done that. Took hours! :sleep:

Just out of interest, where did you find it? I need a new place to send people to, as my source was Avsim which is still showing no signs of librarical life. :S
I found version 1.6 at Flightsim.com. Then I searched at Google and found version 1.6.2 at: http//members.shaw.ca/aifp/. (No "membership" was needed to download)

harleyman
July 7th, 2009, 13:16
Good deal...glad you are golden again....:applause:

jojohnson9
July 7th, 2009, 15:48
Oh wow, all my moving carriers are back. I have been using AI carriers with the great Nimitz variations, which I think is the best way to do your carrier flying. But is fun to find the moving boats for a change of pace.

swimeye
July 8th, 2009, 00:45
Good to hear that you got it all right again, FSX without AI is a bit empty :jump: