PDA

View Full Version : Mesh question

swimeye
July 6th, 2009, 01:07
Meshes drives me crazy.

I purchased the megascenery Hawaii that was on sale, and it comes with its own 10m mesh.
Now i have some freeware 10 m mesh that i want to use for the other islands.
To my understanding the mesh with the highest quality is the one that will show but what happens when i have two meshes with the same resolution?

Is it possible to find out which file in the freeware mesh that covers Oahu?

Thanks for any hints about this.

hobofat
July 6th, 2009, 01:21
Meshes drives me crazy.

I purchased the megascenery Hawaii that was on sale, and it comes with its own 10m mesh.
Now i have some freeware 10 m mesh that i want to use for the other islands.
To my understanding the mesh with the highest quality is the one that will show but what happens when i have two meshes with the same resolution?

Is it possible to find out which file in the freeware mesh that covers Oahu?

Thanks for any hints about this.

Just set the Megascenery higher in the priority list and that one will show, but you'll still have the freeware one for the other islands showing.

swimeye
July 6th, 2009, 02:20
Ahh, easy solution for that one. Thank you. :jump:

Bone
July 6th, 2009, 06:59
Which freeware mesh did you get, and which of the other Hawaiian islands does it cover?

Meshman
July 6th, 2009, 07:48
At Flightsim there is my mesh package for Hawai'i; aax10msh.zip

It covers the eight main islands of Hawai'i. Unlike the payware that was being hawked at the same time, mine doesn't include 30,000 holes where Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa were suppose to be... :173go1:

Bone
July 6th, 2009, 07:51
I'll go take a look, thanks.

swimeye
July 6th, 2009, 08:20
that is the one i use also.

hobofat
July 6th, 2009, 11:30
At Flightsim there is my mesh package for Hawai'i; aax10msh.zip

It covers the eight main islands of Hawai'i. Unlike the payware that was being hawked at the same time, mine doesn't include 30,000 holes where Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa were suppose to be... :173go1:

Meshman does make a good mesh! And the Hawaii 10m one he mentioned is really good.