PDA

View Full Version : I need beta testor(s) for a new campaign - 9th FS 49th FG in WWII

Captain Kurt
July 5th, 2009, 16:38
Well, I'm back again. It's been a long time since I did the SCW campaigns if anyone remembers those. I started work on this campaign about the time the Outhouse got hacked. I decided to limit the add-ons as much as possible because it seems to be getting harder to find all of the required downloads to fly a campaign. With the exception of Maskrider's airfields, all files will be part of the campaign downloads. Aircraft models are those whose designers have allowed their work to be included in other downloads or are stockers.

The campaign is as historical as I could make it, I did a lot of research on their day to day mission history. It follows the 9th Fighter Squadron from 1942 through 1945 beginning in Darwin with P-40Es, then to Port Moresby with P-40Ks, then to Dobodura with P-38Fs and P-38Hs, and then to Gusap with P47Ds. That much is ready for testing.

While the beta is being wrung out I will finish the 9th's moves to Hollandia, Biak, Leyte and Mindoro.

So far there are 57 historical missions, all new UIRES screens, 3 new airfields plus the Oro Bay harbor installation, 14 historically correct new aircraft skins, and flight files for the P-38H. About 43 Mb without MR's airfields so far.

Anyone interested? You can PM me or E-mail me at kschwabauer(at)warp8.com {replace at with @}

jon0804
July 6th, 2009, 12:10
Jon0804 Would like to help in beta test, just email zip. J:applause:

erufle
July 11th, 2009, 05:31
I wish I could donate the necessary time but cannot. By the way, your SCW campaign is my all time favorite. The planes being flown during this war are the best for dogfighting in my opinion. I hope you have plans for another SCW campaign.

Captain Kurt
July 11th, 2009, 10:13
Thanks, I appreciate that. I honestly don't know what I might tackle after I finish this project. Wait and see if anything hits me I guess.

BTW what part of Kansas? My grandfather farmed east of Dodge City near Kinsley and Offerle. Used to hae a number of family in that area but they are all gone now.