PDA

View Full Version : 3 Favourite GA Twins

gajit
July 5th, 2009, 09:43
These are my 3 favourite General Aviation piston twins. Not only are they all good on frame rates but the night VCs are are as good as the daytime.

From left is the Digital Piper Cheyenne, Carenado's new Seneca and the excellent RealAir Beech Duke.

Anyone any other suggestions of their favourites in this category??

ryanbatc
July 5th, 2009, 09:44
I think Eaglesoft has a twin Comanche, gets pretty good reviews if you search the various forums:
http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/Piper_TC.htm

gajit
July 5th, 2009, 10:18
Hi Ryanbatc - i have considered the Com but I just cant see any pics of it in FSX - only FS9, I did own it before in FS9 so am a bit reluctant to pay again without seeing how much better it is.

Cactuskid
July 5th, 2009, 10:35
Right now my favs are Carenado's new PA-34 Seneca, Eaglesoft's PA-30 Twinkie (one of the best VC's out there), and OZx's great new redux of the Goose... :ernae:

The Duke and Duchess are on my list...

thunder100
July 5th, 2009, 12:05
I have all 3

What to ass is the suprising good JF Beech Duchess

Roland

harleyman
July 5th, 2009, 12:34
I like the new Dutchess ...

I like the Kodiak

I like the Epic

I like the Viking

:wavey:

Nick C
July 5th, 2009, 12:51
Hi Ryanbatc - i have considered the Com but I just cant see any pics of it in FSX - only FS9, I did own it before in FS9 so am a bit reluctant to pay again without seeing how much better it is.

Aside from the usual FSX texture improvements, I'd say it's equally as good in FSX as it was in FS9, which is bloody good. :engel016:

Kiwikat
July 5th, 2009, 13:00
I still think the Realair Duke with the GNS430 equipped is the best twin (prop) available for FS. :medals:

gajit
July 5th, 2009, 13:02
Aside from the usual FSX texture improvements, I'd say it's equally as good in FSX as it was in FS9, which is bloody good. :engel016:

Sounds like a must buy - cheers Nick :ernae:

Ark
July 5th, 2009, 13:24
In no particular order:

1. Just Flight Dutchess
2. Carenado Seneca
3. RealAir Duke

arrowmaker
July 18th, 2009, 00:47
If you are talking about overall visual appearence and systems modelling then the three best GA twins (regardless of cost) in my book are:

1. Digital Aviation - Piper Cheyenne
2. Eaglesoft - Piper Comanche
3. RealAir - Duke

I've been considering the Carenado Seneca. However I'm not really sure how good it actually is. There seems to be a fair few comments, on various forums, as to how buggy it is. I've also tried the demo of the Just Flight Duchess and I'm afraid it's just not for me. As part of the Flying Club 2 package it might be a nice addtion but I certainly would'nt go out and purchase the single aircraft. The VC textures are simply nowhere near the quality of the three aircraft I've listed.

gajit
July 18th, 2009, 02:29
I think - having now bought the Eaglesoft Commanche that the VC is lacking in textures - some bits look blank. I spent a good few hours in RW Senecas I can say that the VC textures replicate the real thing.