PDA

View Full Version : CFS3 ETO Backup.exe <Win32:Trojan-gen>

Ed_Strong
July 4th, 2009, 20:51
I ran Avast AntiVirus 4.8 Free on my PC and it detected CFS3 ETO Backup.exe as a virus (Win32:Trojan-gen). Is this a false positive report or is it something I should be concerned about? Anyone else ran into this? I've had the ETO add-on installed for about 2 months and now it comes up as positive, what gives!

I let Avast move the file to the quaratine chest as a precaution.

hey_moe
July 5th, 2009, 02:37
Ed what virus protection are ya using and also ya might wanna try this >> for doing a clean up >> http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ Sometimes you can try and run someones security scan and it will show a virus as a selling feature. Try this scan and see what comes up>> http://home.mcafee.com/Downloads/FreeScan.aspx Mike

hairyspin
July 5th, 2009, 10:33
Aarrrgghh. I just checked my quarantine log for Norton IIS 2009 and it's recently given the ETO BDP zapper and ETO backup utilities the thumbs down. Grrrrrr!

grizzly50
July 5th, 2009, 10:42
:kilroy:Guys, there is no virus. You are getting false positives. You need to tell your AV programs to ignore these files.:d

hairyspin
July 5th, 2009, 10:46
I did. I'm sure there is a way of getting Norton to remember this, so I'm still working it out. Don't you just love software?

Tailwind
July 5th, 2009, 11:14
It's not just Norton. There are several AV's doing the same thing. Look in your settings for exclusions section and then select the files in question.

TW

cristiano103
July 5th, 2009, 11:48
Hey Hairyspin

Avira Antivir do the same, I instructed it to ignore those files and now is all ok

Cheers :ernae: and have always good flying
Cristiano "Astore"

Ed_Strong
July 5th, 2009, 14:47
It's just that I got alerted bacause I've been runing ETO and Avast AntiVirus for a few months and all of the sudden now it labeled ETO Backup.exe as a virus.

Shouldn't Avast had labeled ETO Backup.exe as a virus from day one ETO was installed?

loverboy1
July 5th, 2009, 16:00
recent ofr me the same ecept i was running avg and using ADWARE ,

NEVER had this issue unitl weeks ago ,,,,, and now its gone again .... the zapper ....so far dont need it all loaded and locked ..but thinking there must be a fix for this since many recent have had this problem grow

fyi

lb/joshua

grizzly50
July 5th, 2009, 18:32
It's just that I got alerted bacause I've been runing ETO and Avast AntiVirus for a few months and all of the sudden now it labeled ETO Backup.exe as a virus.

Shouldn't Avast had labeled ETO Backup.exe as a virus from day one ETO was installed?

:kilroy:Ed_Strong, believe me, it's not a virus. This is happening a lot lately. It looks like a lot of the various AV programs are getting a bit "touchier" these days. I got an update for mine last week, and then it promptly removed my BDP Zapper. I've had the AV program for over three years, and this is the first time it's done this.

I have had an ETO install up and ready for about a year in one way, shape or form. My AV waits until now to do this. Again, it's not a virus, just a false positive. Set your AV to ignore the ETO Backup.exe, and if need be, the ETO BDP Zapper, too.

Please keep us informed.:d

mrclean816
July 5th, 2009, 19:34
you guys are just saying that so you can hax our computers! I'm on to you! :173go1:

DOS MAXIMUS
July 5th, 2009, 22:49
you guys are just saying that so you can hax our computers! I'm on to you! :173go1:ARE YOU THE SAME GUY THAT WAS ON TW TEAM SPEAK ASKING FOR HELP TO GET ETO GOING AND LEFT WITHOUT A THANKYOU?PEOPLE LIKE YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED AND REMOVED FROM ARE FAMILY ASAP, YOU NEED HELP YOU GET IT,THEN YOU TURN AROUND WITH THIS ,I ALSO HAVE HAD MY ETO BACKUP AND ZAPPER HIT,BUT TRUST ME THE MEN THAT DID ALL THESE ADD ONS DESERVE BETTER ,MAKES ME SICK:isadizzy:

Old Tiger
July 6th, 2009, 05:16
recent ofr me the same ecept i was running avg and using ADWARE ,

NEVER had this issue unitl weeks ago ,,,,, and now its gone again .... the zapper ....so far dont need it all loaded and locked ..but thinking there must be a fix for this since many recent have had this problem grow

fyi

lb/joshua

:isadizzy:I never had an issue with McAfee until now. The bdp zapper only. I do have it backed up on a seperate hud. I Just copy it back into ETO and it works fine, least to the next full scan. :applause:Thank God for backups

OldCrow
July 6th, 2009, 11:56
Haxxors! LOL

Ed_Strong
July 6th, 2009, 22:50
:kilroy:Guys, there is no virus. You are getting false positives. You need to tell your AV programs to ignore these files.:d

I went ahead and put the ETO Backup.exe on the ignore list, but when I try to open it Avast AntiVirus wont let me insisting it is infected.

There's an option to report false positives, but before I do I want to make sure I'm not braking any rules... Also I would have to report the Program Name, Version Number and Publisher. Who do I get an OK from to go ahead and report it?

Capt. Winters
July 9th, 2009, 19:16
Hi Guys,

Hi Ed,

the chap who wrote the bdp zapper file etc was rbp71854 (Bob) if you where to PM him I'm sure he would give all the relevent details you need and permission.

In the mean time for people who have lost their bdp zapper.

The easiest way to delete your bdp files it is to navigate to your aircraft folder in the ETO main directory, then right click on the folder and do a search for file, and list in the search box type .bdp as the name of the file and hit the search button.

this will then bring up a list of every bdp file located inside your aircraft folder. once finished highlight the entire list and hit delete. you have just done manually what the bdp zapper does automatically.

only do it for your aircraft folder, DO NOT do this for your ship folder as the ships have edited bdp files if you delete them you will lose the ability to fly off the carries etc.

regards Rob.
(http://soletocoordination.myfastforum.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5)

Wyld45
July 9th, 2009, 20:49
We should have a "Blame-Storming" session,....I'd like to blame,"North Korea".

:ernae:

Old Tiger
July 11th, 2009, 09:28
I went ahead and put the ETO Backup.exe on the ignore list, but when I try to open it Avast AntiVirus wont let me insisting it is infected.

There's an option to report false positives, but before I do I want to make sure I'm not braking any rules... Also I would have to report the Program Name, Version Number and Publisher. Who do I get an OK from to go ahead and report it?

:isadizzy:Getten same thing with McAfee

hairyspin
July 11th, 2009, 10:50
When fighter pilots got 'the twitch' they were sent on leave or to fly a desk for a month or two to rest. Seems all our AV software is in need of some rest..... :icon_lol:

DonSPa
July 11th, 2009, 13:55
i agree DOS theres been too many hours of hard work and people who took time to do these mods for us.The virus programs have been an issue from the first release and i have yet to have any kind of problem,as said before this is a known factor and is nothing but a false positive.Anytime a virus program doesnt understand any program it is going to show them as viruses as a precaution.Of all the downloads i have yet to see anyone who actually has claimed that the mods have done actual harm to thier comps.Ive had all the mods since they have been out and I have never ran into any problems.

oki
July 11th, 2009, 16:42
Hi Guys,

Hi Ed,

the chap who wrote the bdp zapper file etc was rbp71854 (Bob) if you where to PM him I'm sure he would give all the relevent details you need and permission.

In the mean time for people who have lost their bdp zapper.

The easiest way to delete your bdp files it is to navigate to your aircraft folder in the ETO main directory, then right click on the folder and do a search for file, and list in the search box type .bdp as the name of the file and hit the search button.

this will then bring up a list of every bdp file located inside your aircraft folder. once finished highlight the entire list and hit delete. you have just done manually what the bdp zapper does automatically.

only do it for your aircraft folder, DO NOT do this for your ship folder as the ships have edited bdp files if you delete them you will lose the ability to fly off the carries etc.

regards Rob.

I have marked the relevant bdp files (there are also a few to avoid the mole effect) as "read only", when cleaning you get a warning and can skip these files......

loverboy1
July 11th, 2009, 19:15
seem sl;ike a fast means , i have no zapper left -lol but all works ,,,but now this might work for me ,,,

so go to aircraft folder - eto, and bdp delete em all and then close out and strat up in era 1 and close down and all ok then