PDA

View Full Version : Want a laugh?

Lionus
July 3rd, 2009, 02:59
unless you're allergic to stupidity, take a look at the latest fundie funny.

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=7460&page=1

might be offending, slight language warning too.. but you will laugh.

Quixoticish
July 3rd, 2009, 03:02
That can't be serious. They are all having a laugh aren't they?

(Please tell me they're not serious...)

d0mokun
July 3rd, 2009, 03:09
Americans who buy Japanese Cars should be forcibly transported to Canada.

Blame Can-a-daa!

Lionus
July 3rd, 2009, 03:11
That can't be serious. They are all having a laugh aren't they?

(Please tell me they're not serious...)

with fundies, you never can tell..:icon_lol:

johnh_049
July 3rd, 2009, 04:58
I must be in the wrong place. thought i was at SimOutHouse...a flightsim site, where politics and religion were forbidden areas of discussion.

Quixoticish
July 3rd, 2009, 05:04
Incidentally for anyone, like me, who had never heard of the forum before, the Landover Baptist Church is a parody and the people on the forum aren't being serious in the slightest.

:173go1:

cheezyflier
July 3rd, 2009, 05:20
I must be in the wrong place. thought i was at SimOutHouse...a flightsim site, where politics and religion were forbidden areas of discussion.

under your rigid criteria we'd not be able to talk about independance day either i suppose.

http://dysfun.files.wordpress.com/2006/09/chillpill.jpg

Incidentally for anyone, like me, who had never heard of the forum before, the Landover Baptist Church is a parody and the people on the forum aren't being serious in the slightest.

:173go1:

PRB
July 3rd, 2009, 05:31
Well, they are either serious, in which case it's scary, or they are poking fun at Christians (and Americans), in which case I would think the Christians (at least) might take offense. Either way, the joke went over my head I guess!

stiz
July 3rd, 2009, 05:39
"You don't see that from American Auto Makers!"

anyone want to point out that their all going bust?? :monkies::icon_lol:

Collin
July 3rd, 2009, 06:09
I had to do a double take....I thought it said "The Landrover Baptist Church"

But I do like this quote..

I noticed many nutcakes come from Canadistan.

Yeah...we have them here as well.

regards Collin:ernae:

cheezyflier
July 3rd, 2009, 07:49
i chortled at the canadastan comment myself. i thought the whole thing was pretty funny. i know who they are actually parodying, i won't grace them by naming them, and that is (for me) what made it soo amusing in the first place

sandar
July 3rd, 2009, 08:41
Each to there own. Parody or not, the 'humour' went right over my head.

Cazzie
July 3rd, 2009, 09:05
Deleted, religoin, nor religious punning belongs in this forum!

johnh_049
July 3rd, 2009, 10:37
under your rigid criteria we'd not be able to talk about independance day either i suppose.

http://dysfun.files.wordpress.com/2006/09/chillpill.jpg

also jokes are forbidden on the newshawks forum. so take your own little "chill pill" . humor belongs in the cantino.

it's not my criteria, it's the forum's criteria.

cheezyflier
July 3rd, 2009, 19:50
also jokes are forbidden on the newshawks forum. so take your own little "chill pill" . humor belongs in the cantino.

i see plenty of humorous postings on a regular basis and very rarely do i see any complaints. if things go to far, that's why we have moderators.
(moderators are staff who are appointed to watch over these forums) apparently they don't seem to have a problem with it yet. i'm sure if you and i continue in this fashion it'll get closed quickly enough though. maybe it would be better to leave the moderating to them.

OBIO
July 3rd, 2009, 21:23
While I am pretty liberal in what I find funny, jokes about child molestation, racism, and general bigotry just don't strike me as funny. Sorry, I fail to see the humor in anything I read there.

OBIO