PDA

View Full Version : What did I mess up

aeromed202
July 2nd, 2009, 07:52
I recently picked up a bug but seem to have go rid of it. Now I am stuck with a persistent case of texture smudge which has resisted all the usual tweaks. I re-installed the graphics drivers, played with the terrain entries in the CFG, plus the slider settings. Could it be a recent scenery or aircraft addon that can affect things like this? This is how it looks now with the smudges starting a mile or two away. The other one is how it looked last week.

minuteman10
July 2nd, 2009, 09:04
I got the same issue after a recent scenery addon. Scenery was fine until I went to an outside view and then...loss of textures! I removed the addon airport and no further problems....I use Birds Eye View...there was some kind of conflict there...Try removing your last addon scenery and you should clear up....Good luck!

aeromed202
July 2nd, 2009, 10:33
Well I un-checked and deleted the last few without change. One was weird. It was Camp McMurdo with its own ice shelf landclass that actually moved about 100 mph. Could a deep-set change have taken hold? If I un-check render to texture it actually gets a bit better. I might do the drivers again or try a system restore. Guess there is always an fs9 re-install:isadizzy:.

Roger
July 2nd, 2009, 11:29
Looks like an Nvidia control Panel Issue. I don't know if you have FsX as well but different settings are required for each sim.
If it would help I'll post my Fs9 settings.

Henry
July 2nd, 2009, 11:48
Oddly enough i just got a similar problem
have no clue what it is
just comes and goes?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/fuzzy3.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/fuzzy4.jpg

H

Henry
July 2nd, 2009, 11:52
an actually both shots should be the same size
an they are not
thats even weirder
none of them are modified
H

aeromed202
July 2nd, 2009, 13:16
Woah is that big blue mush the problem? Can you take another shot to show the problem better? Mine is/was an abrupt loss of detail about a mile or so away. Anyway after deleting a couple more scenery files and choosing to load a saved flight from elsewhere in the world it suddenly worked fine:mixedsmi:. Can't explain it, wish I could. But then-the saga continues-after shutting down and re-starting the loading hung up at 77% when the weather files tried to load:blind:. Sooo, I chose real-world weather which loaded fine until I hit fly now and it hung up at 77% again. Sooo, I dropped in a CFG that I had from beforehand then it loaded completely and I think it looked good too:jump:. I had to close and do some house work-bathroom remodel-so will check it out more later.
This all started when I thought I got a bug from SOH at the time the password alert was up. That is when I got the blurries (see A Bug at SOH?). If it looks good I think it was caused by that bug or an FS2002 Skywagon I had just put on. Can a single texture file knock out a whole bunch of others? Is it the graphics card trying to load an errant one and sacrificing others? Is it my system reacting to the recent aircraft crashes or celebrity deaths? Is Iran getting back at us for all the troubles over there? Oops-no political commentary. Sorry, my bad.
BTW what is that neat plane you have there?

No FSX. Couldn't make it look nice but may try again some day. Other peoples screenies make me a tad envious though.