PDA

View Full Version : Macy's and other CC Scam..

Wittpilot
July 1st, 2009, 13:56
The wife got 10 calls...count that 10 calls, on her cell today while at work... And I got 4 here at the house... all saying they were calling on behalf of Macys and some other creditors... Very fishy... I googled the number that called..... got this from google, this is exactly what they did to my wife... No we were not falling for it, but some of the older crowd just might.... Not saying anything bad about the elders..but I would think many people up in age remember a time when most people could be trusted.....

"I just got this call and they said I owed some enormous amount on a Macy's card. I did give the lady (sounded like from India) some info like bday and last 4 digits of SSC and then i got really suspicious when she didn't have my phone number after they just called me. When I pressed her for information specific to the account she hung up on me. I called and cancelled my Macy's account, but now I don't know what else to do. I'm pretty disappointed in myself. Yikes!"

Wife called Macy's and indeed the number comes over correct on the Caller ID, but he said no one should have called...

Be on the lookout...

-witt

Snuffy
July 1st, 2009, 14:48
I just got an email with regard to a Wal-Mart Scam involving various Credit/Debit Cards ...

Subject: : WalMart Scam
This happened to a friend's husband. He caught it before he walked away from the cashier so she corrected it. I have to admit I dont always look at my receipt before I walk away from the register. I guess now I will. If this happens I think you need to have the manager come over to correct the "mistake". That way the managers might see a pattern developing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to alert everyone. My co worker went to Milford DE Walmart last week. She had her items rung up by the cashier. The cashier hurried her along and didn't give her a receipt. She asked the cashier for a receipt and the cashier was annoyed and gave it to her. My co worker didn't look at her receipt until later that night. The receipt showed that she asked for $20 cash back. SHE DID NOT ASK FOR CASH20BACK. My co worker called Walmart who investigated but could not see the cashier pocket the money. She then called her niece who works for the bank and her niece told her this. There is a scam going on. The cashier will ask for cash back and hand it to her friend who is the next person in line. Please, Please , please check your receipts right away when using debit cards. The store has the cashier under investigation now. We can only pray that she is caught very soon.

I am adding to this. My husband and I were in WalMart North Salisbury and paying with credit card when my husband went to sign the credit card signer he just happen to notice there was a $20 cash back added. He told the cashier that he did not ask nor want cash back and she said this machine has been messing up and she canceled it. We really didn't think anything of it until we read this email. Please be aware.

This could happen any place you use a credit card!!

cheezyflier
July 1st, 2009, 19:03
delaware is a small state, and milford is a tiny little town. if that story is true, then all you have to do is look at the date, and check here:
http://www.delawareonline.com/

it would show up in the local paper sooner or later.