PDA

View Full Version : New to the Game

Richardson
June 29th, 2009, 10:58
Hey Guys, I have had this game about a month and the learning curve for me is not as easy as the MS C-2. I enjoy the MS Combat 2 and learned it fairly quick, playing the game, down loading campaigns, aircraft. But with MS C-3, it is not as user friendly as MSC-2. First when I tried to install the listed up dates, I get a Steen that says " up date not installed". I tried it a few times but same results, I removed the game and reinstalled it and tried the up dates again, no luck. Also when playing the game, if the aircraft get above 12000 feet, the engine quits and will not restart. This makes it impossible to do combat.

What am I doing wrong, Help!

Thanks for your help,
Rich

oki
June 29th, 2009, 11:29
....and the game works at all, or not yet ?? :wavey:

ndicki
June 29th, 2009, 11:57
Writing on a pale background is a good way to make sure nobody tries too hard to help, or whatever you want...

Welcome to SOH, that said.

hairyspin
June 29th, 2009, 13:22
Thanks Nigel, I thought he'd missed out the entire post!

Above 12000 ft your engine is choking on too much fuel. You need to lean the mixture, or cheat by turning auto mixture back on. And I hope you can read this.

Wyld45
June 29th, 2009, 15:35
I really hate these,....I always got bad "Grades"!

Richardson
June 29th, 2009, 16:48
Thanks Hairspin, I'll try it.

Rich

oki
June 30th, 2009, 11:31
Writing on a pale background is a good way to make sure nobody tries too hard to help, or whatever you want...

Welcome to SOH, that said.

my goodness, didn't see a thing :icon_eek:

hairyspin
June 30th, 2009, 11:44
If I change the site's appearance to Combat Flight Centre Style (dark greens) the post is quite legible, but any of the other styles leave it almost or fully invisible. nota bene

Pat Pattle
June 30th, 2009, 22:11
Hi Rich,

Welcome aboard! :wavey:
Stick with it, it is very different from cfs2 but well worth the effort.

Once your stock game is up and running, get the ETO install and you won't need a great deal else in the way of mods. :)

..and don't be afraid to ask questions..the natives here are actually friendlier than their posts would have you believe......:icon_lol:

Pat