PDA

View Full Version : Interesting, anyone have any ideas?

limjack
October 18th, 2008, 14:42
Flight Sim's Best Kept Secret Coming in Around 5 Weeks

Just got an e-mail from PC Aviator with this! Sounds exciting but have not a clue to what it might be. Anyone want to take a guess at this?

Jim

limjack
October 18th, 2008, 14:43
Here is the rest of the statement from them....

We've been completely silent about our secret project which we believe is probably the most exciting development in flight simulation since Flight Simulator itself.
Production is almost complete and we are just tidying up some loose ends. PC Aviator will then announce and release this product to flight simmers around the world on around 1 December 2008.
What's is going to be? Sorry but we can't even hint about it at this time. All we can continue to say is to "stay tuned". You will find out about it real soon.

harleyman
October 18th, 2008, 14:44
I got it too........

Maybe its REX..............:applause:

kilo delta
October 18th, 2008, 15:06
Maybe it's a fix from ACES for DX10 preview??????:costumes::costumes:

stiz
October 18th, 2008, 16:11
the magic "build plane now" button!! :d

harleyman
October 18th, 2008, 16:14
Maybe it's a fix from ACES for DX10 preview??????:costumes::costumes:

Yea....You're dreaming now.....LOL

Stiz...Your copy does not have a *build plane * option......:d

Pepere
October 18th, 2008, 16:40
A ulitity that runs FSX at 100FPS all sliders to right no matter the hardware....:icon_lol:

David

krazycolin
October 18th, 2008, 16:54
A ulitity that runs FSX at 100FPS all sliders to right no matter the hardware....:icon_lol:

David

in a one pixel by one pixel window....:banghead::banghead::banghead::isadizzy: :isadizzy::isadizzy:

limjack
October 18th, 2008, 17:39
Talk about a HUGE CARROT waged in front of your face...I LIKE THE 100FPS WITH ALL SLIDERS RIGHT MYSELF!:costumes:

Cazzie
October 18th, 2008, 17:55
Something tells me that it's REX also Harleyman. Hope so.

I wish it would be something to do away with the atrocious textures present in FSX. I even bought GEX-USA/Canada and darned if I can tell any difference, the textures are still a POS!

Caz

Lionheart
October 18th, 2008, 18:05

David

LOLOLOL :costumes::costumes::costumes:

That would make a couple of million in the first week of release. :d

in a one pixel by one pixel window...:banghead::isadizzy:

KrazyColin

LOLOLOL.....

From what I have heard, it is going to be radically awesome. I can hardly wait. I think it will be something that FSX has needed for ages and this will be the 'coupe de gras' of all addons.

:d

Bill

cheezyflier
October 18th, 2008, 18:40
actually, i'm going to tell you what it is, because i know from a secret source.

it's the wright flyer, powered by a 500 c.i.d. aluminum keith black hemi and a roots blower. the prop is 16' diameter. it does 300 kias @ 25' asl.

Panther_99FS
October 18th, 2008, 18:42
Emma Field X :mixedsmi:

Marlin
October 18th, 2008, 19:41
:costumes:

harleyman
October 18th, 2008, 20:06
Something tells me that it's REX also Harleyman. Hope so.

I wish it would be something to do away with the atrocious textures present in FSX. I even bought GEX-USA/Canada and darned if I can tell any difference, the textures are still a POS!

Caz

Bad textures...My FSX is beautiful with my new 4870X2...And with GEX and UTX the landscape is fantastic......Now if I could just figure out why my screen ripples like crazy when i pan my view.....:banghead:

falcon409
October 18th, 2008, 20:29
Emma Field X :mixedsmi:
I think that's a dead issue Panther. . .I'd be very surprised if it was that.

Panther_99FS
October 18th, 2008, 20:30

Actually,
It's in development by FSAddOn...

fsafranek
October 18th, 2008, 20:50
We've been completely silent about our secret project which we believe is probably the most exciting development in flight simulation since Flight Simulator itself.

That's a pretty bold statement. Time will tell.
:ernae:

Scratch
October 18th, 2008, 20:59
Y'all relax.......it's just gonna be another stinkin' toob:icon_lol:

Antoninus
October 18th, 2008, 23:20
Cfs4 ?

Dangerous Beans
October 19th, 2008, 01:42
Bad textures...My FSX is beautiful with my new 4870X2...And with GEX and UTX the landscape is fantastic......Now if I could just figure out why my screen ripples like crazy when i pan my view.....:banghead:

Harlyman, turn on VSync in your drivers

Bone
October 19th, 2008, 03:00
I get slight to moderate distortions depending on how fast/far I move my head (Track IR). I brought this up on another forum awhile ago, and judging from the responses most users get the distortion in FSX. You can go into the FSX.cfg and change your Dynamic Head movement values to zero, and it will help somewhat. If you do that, you will remove the involuntary head movement you get when putting your fast mover into burner, decelerating quickly, or snapping into a high-g turn.

P.S. I haven't tried the V-sync method, but I'm going to.

jmig
October 19th, 2008, 04:47
Sounds like the most exciting development in hyperbole for flight simulation since Flight Simulator itself to me.

Killbilly
October 19th, 2008, 05:06
Sounds like the most exciting development in hyperbole for flight simulation since Flight Simulator itself to me.

:costumes::costumes::costumes:

harleyman
October 19th, 2008, 06:01
Harlyman, turn on VSync in your drivers

Thanks DB..... I have ATI Control Panel and there is not quite the same as Nvidia for that control...I have turned it on but no improvement.....

It seems that my native resolution of 1600X1050 @60Mh just is not fast enough to keep pace with FSX.......( my theory only)

But I found that by lowering my resolution to 1400X900 I then have a refresh rate offered of 75Hz.......

This has not been tested yet as wifey has my rig cause I killed hers and its off for repairs...LOL

But I'm anxious to test out my theory with that...

Thanks....:applause::wavey:

YQTFun
October 19th, 2008, 07:20
Rex ??

icarus
October 19th, 2008, 07:41
fsx running on win 3.1

tigisfat
October 19th, 2008, 21:18
We've been completely silent about our secret project....................... announce and release this product to flight simmers around the world on around 1 December 2008..................You will find out about it real soon.

Buddy, are you just screwing with us? Why would any professional MSFS developer release such a dumb statement? I doubt it's REX, because REX should be out sooner than that, and we've been told all along about REX.

1)releasing a teaser/spam email to the masses is anything but being silent.

2)announcing/releasing it on Dec 1st is not finding out 'real' soon. Why stay tuned if they told us when we'll find out?

In other news:
Very soon I'll be announcing the release of the greatest product anyone has ever heard of. It will change your life and become more important to you than your job, wife and children. I'm telling you this in spite of the fact that I won't tell you what it is. :icon_lol::mixedsmi:

janda
October 20th, 2008, 01:01
stop kidding...
Pc aviator -author of photoreal megascenery series... so I suspect that IT WILL be some kind a platform ( like tileproxy ) to allow using google earth source in Fsx - whole earth - photoreal!! with easy setup for everybody!!! I`m sure on 90% that`s the secret.....

brds

Francois
October 20th, 2008, 01:33

You couldn't be more WRONG !! :wavey:

tigisfat
October 20th, 2008, 01:38
stop kidding...
Pc aviator -author of photoreal megascenery series... so I suspect that IT WILL be some kind a platform ( like tileproxy ) to allow using google earth source in Fsx - whole earth - photoreal!! with easy setup for everybody!!! I`m sure on 90% that`s the secret.....

brds

That would explain why there have been no megascenery titles for a while, makes sense as the natural evolution of things and would be awesome. They could charge whatever they wanted for that kind of service.