PDA

View Full Version : Christopher Cross......any fans?

Navy Chief
June 28th, 2009, 16:20
http://www.christophercross.com/

His first LP came out in 1979; the same year as Michael Jackson's "Off The Wall" release.

Christopher Cross, of course, has never come close to the popularity of MJ, but his music has meant a lot to me. He doesn't have that great of a voice either. But his lyrics truly hit home for me in my personal life; especially his first two lps.

These two videos are examples of his lesser known songs, but I like them:

"Words of Wisdom"
HxsrvPQR_eo

"Alibi"
RrFebcFmbSM

Toastmaker
June 28th, 2009, 16:23
The only song by him that I remember is "Sailing" (I think that's it) Anyway - I liked that one.

djscoo
June 28th, 2009, 16:31
Did someone say Kris Kross? heck yeah! I love Kris Kross.:jump:
To4SQihIr84

Oh...you said Chris Cross. My bad.

Navy Chief
June 28th, 2009, 16:34
The theme for "Arthur" was a huge hit,
fcwLrEATXH4
And so was "Never Be The Same"
8_mbT2eduUo

Forgive me if I have posted that one before in another thread....

Navy Chief
June 28th, 2009, 16:36
Did someone say Kris Kross? heck yeah! I love Kris Kross.:jump:
To4SQihIr84

Oh...you said Chris Cross. My bad.

What is a Kris Kross? Just kidding. Heard of him, but not listened to. Just his name sorta suggests he tried to capitalize on Christopher Cross?

MCDesigns
June 28th, 2009, 16:37
"Sailing" was the first song I ever slow danced to (soph year at an after the game dance) so Chris has a fond place in my heart.

djscoo
June 28th, 2009, 16:42
What is a Kris Kross? Just kidding. Heard of him, but not listened to. Just his name sorta suggests he tried to capitalize on Christopher Cross?
I'm by no means a fan... they are a few years before my time, I think the name came from their gimmick which was tt wear their clothes backwards. You can kinda see it in the video. The things you learn from VH1 lol...

Navy Chief
June 28th, 2009, 16:53
I'm by no means a fan... they are a few years before my time, I think the name came from their gimmick which was tt wear their clothes backwards. You can kinda see it in the video. The things you learn from VH1 lol...

Yep, I do remember something about wearing the clothes backwards thing....

NC

Henry
June 28th, 2009, 16:58
as a sailor saling has always been one of my favortes
The canvas can do many things
H

TomSteber
June 29th, 2009, 03:19
As a former sailor, Sailing always has a place in my heart. It's too bad that the industry let him down because of his image (looks/body type). Great song writer.

Navy Chief
June 29th, 2009, 05:49
As a former sailor, Sailing always has a place in my heart. It's too bad that the industry let him down because of his image (looks/body type). Great song writer.

I didn't know the industry had. But I had always thought that C. Cross was a very timid, shy person. No idea if that is true though.

NC

Cazzie
June 29th, 2009, 06:15
I only have one of his albums Chief, not really that big of a fan of the music genre in the whole really. I'm wired' Rolling Bones, heavy Blues, Be-Bop Jazz, no heavy metal please. I'm like Jerry Lee Lewis, too wild for common folk.

Caz

Navy Chief
June 29th, 2009, 06:56
I only have one of his albums Chief, not really that big of a fan of the music genre in the whole really. I'm wired' Rolling Bones, heavy Blues, Be-Bop Jazz, no heavy metal please. I'm like Jerry Lee Lewis, too wild for common folk.

Caz

Oh, I like that type of music too! My tastes vary wildly, depending on my moods. That's the great thing about music........

NC

cheezyflier
June 29th, 2009, 07:32

they are the ones you have to thank for all the deplorable ghetto fashion that is soo popular. most kids these days don't even know where the idea came from when they wear pants hanging off of their butt, and the oversized hoodies

Navy Chief
June 29th, 2009, 08:56
My stepson, fortunately, outgrew that look. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why someone would want to wear their pants that way. If nothing else, it would be most uncomfortable (for me, at least).

NC

lifejogger
June 29th, 2009, 18:13
He was good, I liked "Think of Laura", "Arthur's Theme", "Sailing" and "Never be the Same" just to name a few.