Quicksand
June 28th, 2009, 09:06
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090628/ap_on_re_us/us_obit_billy_mays

OBIO
June 28th, 2009, 09:12
RIP Billy Mays.

Toastmaker
June 28th, 2009, 11:23
I'm sure he was a fine fellow but I really got tired of him yelling at me from my TV. . .

idancesafetydance
June 28th, 2009, 11:23
I just heard about it today, about ten minutes after watching PITCHMEN on Discovery. RIP man. Hope it's nice up there.

Navy Chief
June 28th, 2009, 11:33
I'm sure he was a fine fellow but I really got tired of him yelling at me from my TV. . .

I agree, am sure he was a nice guy. But when his commercials would start, I couldn't reach the Mute button fast enough. May God bless him though.

NC

Meshman
June 28th, 2009, 12:03
I dislike the show on TV, but the TMZ website keeps current on all the special people. They're reporting Billy hit his head or something hit his head when the USAir flight he was on landed in Tampa and suffered a nose wheel blowout. He was "fine" afterwards and Twitter'd about the event last night. The scenario fits an undiscovered brain trauma, unfortunately. Funny that the FAA was supposedly commenting about "that's what happens when passengers don't wear seat belts..."

Kiwikat
June 28th, 2009, 13:07
But wait! There's more!

You'll be missed, Billy.

cheezyflier
June 28th, 2009, 13:31
But wait! There's more!

You'll be missed, Billy.

dude, that was funny :applause:

tigisfat
June 28th, 2009, 13:39
Billy Mays here with another fantaaaaaaaastic product.

I'll miss him. The dubs over his commercials poking fun at him were just awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOmvdeNa67E

TomSteber
June 28th, 2009, 13:42
I wonder whose next!?

If I were famous, in any way, I'd be looking over my should a lot, taking REAL GOOD care of myself!

Allen
June 28th, 2009, 13:42
Bad thing come in 3's, Does this start us over for a new 3? This is not good any way you slice it.

Dangerousdave26
June 28th, 2009, 14:45
No if they come in 2's they come in 3's

This is the first one we would need one more to start the Trifecta

Cazzie
June 28th, 2009, 15:14
I wonder whose next!?

If I were famous, in any way, I'd be looking over my should a lot, taking REAL GOOD care of myself!

Patrick Swayze has stopped cancer meds, Walter Cronkite in not well at all, but what a life he has led.

Again folks, most of these people had a life better off than 99 and 44/100% of the SOH crowd, so you'll find no heart at the end of my sleeve for any celebrity shuffling off this mortal coil. Many like Jack-o brought it on themselves.

And believe me, I am one of those people 100% in the stem cell lot, because cancer does not discriminate against anything; age, race, religion, or politics. All of my charity goes into cancer research. Curing this world-wide killer will be the greatest thing mankind has ever done.

Caz

b24_witchcraft
June 28th, 2009, 17:05
They're reporting Billy hit his head or something hit his head when the USAir flight he was on landed in Tampa and suffered a nose wheel blowout.

True - here's the MyFox TampaBay interview he did following last night's (Sat) US Airways incident.
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/entertainment/television/final_interview_billy_mays_062809
Sad - I saw his ads for ESPN360 recently and I though they were quite funny. He'll be missed by his many fans. RIP Billy Mays.

modelr
June 28th, 2009, 18:59
Bad thing come in 3's, Does this start us over for a new 3? This is not good any way you slice it.

1. David Carradine
2. Ed MacMahon
3. Farrah Fawcett

1. Michael Jackson
2. Billy Mays
3. ??

jmig
June 29th, 2009, 03:16
This proves I don't watch TV. After reading an article about him dying, I had to Goggle him to find out what he looked like. I did recognize his picture.

May he RIP.

Railrunner130
June 29th, 2009, 04:22
Oddly enough, I actually liked his Discovery tv show. I couldn't stand his commercials though!

IVANOW
June 29th, 2009, 05:43
You can add Gail Storm to the list .
Gail Storm Dead At 87 .
RIP Beautiful Woman .

Cazzie
June 29th, 2009, 06:20
You can add Gail Storm to the list .
Gail Storm Dead At 87 .
RIP Beautiful Woman .

Thank you very much, one of my favorite as a child for a grown up of that era. My Little Margie and afterward, The Gale Storm Show, were must sees on our old B & W Westinghouse TV. RIP Gale Storm, the list goes on.

Caz

FlyTexas
June 29th, 2009, 06:33
I wonder whose next!?

Fred Travalena. :frown:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/29/fred.travalena.dies/index.html

Brian

crashaz
June 30th, 2009, 09:53
I just heard about it today, about ten minutes after watching PITCHMEN on Discovery. RIP man. Hope it's nice up there.

Well we can guarantee it will be clean...OxyClean!

Going to miss him... he was errr...energetic.

Naismith
June 30th, 2009, 11:36
I was surprised last night watching TV, a Mays commercial was screened (I think it was BAM or Kaboom something like that).
Is that poor taste or maybe the news of his demise hasn't percollated north of the border.

williamtong
June 30th, 2009, 11:42
Jackson, fawcett, and now Mays.....3 for 3 this month :(