PDA

View Full Version : Biggen Hill-Sea Vixen

ian elliot
June 27th, 2009, 23:36
Took a trip to Biggen yesterday for the first time in 6 years and had a really great time, the to acts i wanted to catch was the Vulcan and Sea Vixen, the Vulcan didnt dissapoint, a very beautiful display. i didnt take any pics im afriad as i just wanted to enjoy the display, and i could'nt have better'd Ferry's Volkal pics from last week anyway, but i was right next to the Vixen during her start-up taxi out and back, and i got caught in the hottest, smellyest jet wash ive ever experianced, great stuff, and it was nice to see her in her RN colors instead of the Red Bull scheme she's been wearing for the last few years.
cheers ian

Jen
June 28th, 2009, 00:17
Nice pictures Ian.

That is one lovely aircraft.

And you are right, Royal Navy colours suits it about a million times better that horrible Red Bull stuff :bump:

Jen

Naismith
June 28th, 2009, 01:35
I have to ask, were those Gnats in the background of two pics flying also?

Ferry_vO
June 28th, 2009, 07:38
and i could'nt have better'd Ferry's Volkal pics from last week anyway

:redf: Thanks for the compliment! :ernae:

They did fly in Volkel last week, they form a display pair.

Is that a Hawker Hart I see in the background..?? Did you get any photos of that aircraft perhaps?

Panther_99FS
June 28th, 2009, 08:05
Great stuff Ian!

(Now where's my FS2004 at :ques: :kilroy:)

ian elliot
June 28th, 2009, 14:10
Indeed they where, as a two ship formation and a very fine routine they gave too.
something else of intrest, didnt realise there was a Wessex on the civil register, hoping to be flying for next years season.
cheers ian

Is that a Hawker Hart I see in the background..?? Did you get any photos of that aircraft perhaps?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Thats actually the navalised version of the hart, the Hawker Nimrod, i think based out of Duxford, didnt take any pics at Biggen im afried but i'll see if there's any from my Duxford shots.