PDA

View Full Version : Mo-irs %$@@##

PRB
June 26th, 2009, 18:30
You have to love the MO-IRS. I got a letter from the MO-IRS today. Evidently I failed to include my W-2 form when I mailed in my Missouri tax forms back in April. Or they lost it. Either way, they don’t have it. So they sent me a letter, which I got today. It didn’t say “We didn’t get your W-2, please send it, genius.” No, that’s not what it said. What it did say, paraphrased, was “Since you didn’t send us your W-2, we re-calculated your taxes based on the fact that there was no MO withheld, so now you owe us XXXX.XX dollars, due by July 9. Have a nice day.” What a bunch of a-holes. I only have one copy left! I’m going to call them up on Monday and ask them if it’s ok to send a copy, so that if they loose that one too, I’ll still have an original.

Willy
June 26th, 2009, 19:21
I'm sooooo glad Tennessee doesn't have a state income tax......

Trans_23
June 27th, 2009, 09:14
I file electronically here in Illinois so all the W-2's stay with me.

Willy: Must be nice to not have state income tax. Here in Illinois they are probably going to almost double the rate this year. It takes a lot of money to cover all the corruption.

Henry
June 27th, 2009, 09:19
been there myself
LA will take a copy though
and in the past i have been able to get a copy from the Feds and faxed it to the State
its a pain
H

Snuffy
June 27th, 2009, 09:23
Any more you should be able to get a pdf copy of your w2 from online.

Thanks god FLA is a no tax state. :)

Navy Chief
June 27th, 2009, 11:20
TN may not have the income tax, but Federal more than makes up for it. I have a distinct hatred for tax collection. Next time your local county commission brings up a revenue hike, take notice what they almost always say: "Well, it's only a .5 hike. No one will notice."

Yeah, well, all taxes add up, don't they? No problem, right? GRRRR...

It is truly legalized theft. Think of it. If it was any other organization, they would be prosecuted. But since it is the IRS, it's ok.

NC