Not yet apparently ... but close(r) ..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529103,00.html

papab
June 25th, 2009, 14:09
Here:
http://www.tmz.com/

Dangerousdave26
June 25th, 2009, 14:10
CNN just has him listed as having been rushed to the hospital for cardiac arrest.

We'll call that one later Ickie. :icon_lol:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/25/michael.jackson/index.html

Kiwikat
June 25th, 2009, 14:21
So long, plasticman. :wavey:

:running:

d0mokun
June 25th, 2009, 14:30
:monkies:

Rami
June 25th, 2009, 14:33
His death has been confirmed by the Associated Press, NBC News, and the LA Times.

Death always comes in threes....Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and now Michael Jackson.

MisterKleen
June 25th, 2009, 14:38
At least the children will be a little safer!!!!!

Wittpilot
June 25th, 2009, 14:39
His death has been confirmed by the Associated Press, NBC News, and the LA Times.

Death always comes in threes....Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and now Michael Jackson.

Was just about to post about the three's thing... Man that is bizarre... think it is true, or just a CONSTANT occurance???

Rami
June 25th, 2009, 14:41
At least the children will be a little safer!!!!!

Hehe...I was going to say that little boys everywhere were breathing a big sigh of relief, but I thought it might push it too far.

Thanks for breaking the ice! :ernae:

VFR Alexander
June 25th, 2009, 14:47
'bout time.

Quixoticish
June 25th, 2009, 14:52
Always have been a fan even through the rough stuff and mud slinging, he's written and performed some incredible music and was clearly a gifted performer. Tragic news.

d0mokun
June 25th, 2009, 14:54
Always have been a fan even through the rough stuff and mud slinging, he's written and performed some incredible music and was clearly a gifted performer. Tragic news.

On the mark. Not going to stop the lawlz comments though. :guinness:

kilo delta
June 25th, 2009, 14:56
Like him or loathe him.....he was a human being and deserved at least some respect in death (if only for his family and friends sake). :mad:

jrcel21
June 25th, 2009, 14:57
I can't get over some of these comments, people are mean SOB's. Ah, Christian mercy and forgiveness, never fails to dissapoint.

jmig
June 25th, 2009, 15:05
Like him or loathe him.....he was a human being and deserved at least some respect in death (if only for his family and friends sake). :mad:

I agree. I was never a fan of his. However, he did provide many people with music they loved. In that way, maybe he gave more to the world than any of us has.

May he rest in peace.

Toastmaker
June 25th, 2009, 15:10
Most of his music was not my type but he clearly was quite talented. Probably as a kid star, he got twisted a bit by the bizzar entertainment industry that exists in LA. Too bad.

I can't quite understand comments of pleasure at the news of his death - regardless of allegations (no convictions) against him.

Naki
June 25th, 2009, 15:15
Let the conspiracy theories begin..............

hey_moe
June 25th, 2009, 15:22
I enjoyed some of his music....I didn't really care for some of his life styles but he was really no different than some of the others wack-o's out there but he could sing.I am sorry to see him pass away at 50.

Quicksand
June 25th, 2009, 15:24
RIP, Michael. May you find the solace and peace you never had here on Earth..............

cheezyflier
June 25th, 2009, 15:33
iwas never really a fan either, but i will say if you look at his early stuff, from when he was a kid, it should blow you away how good he was back then. amazing pipes.

Q6bARIaMhCM

fsafranek
June 25th, 2009, 15:38
I'm really kind of bummed about it. I am the same age as Michael was
and grew up with his music going all the way back to the mid-sixties. I can
still remember "ABC" and "Oh girl give it one more try..." playing on the
radio at the town swimming pool in the summer when I was a kid. His music
was again a big part of my life in my 20's when I lived in LA through the 80's.
I remember watching live when he did the moon walk in his performance at
the American Music Awards show. It was all people talked about the next
day. After "Thriller" and "Bad" came out could do no wrong.
Until the 90's... I prefer to remember the first three decades.

And we just lost Farah as well. My early life influences are slowly falling away.
Now I'm really starting to get bummed out.

Rest in Peace, Michael.

:kilroy:

Henry
June 25th, 2009, 15:50
He was an extremely talented person
his personal life was something different
but his talent even when he purchased
northern songs, every time you hear a beatle song
you are paying him
he changed a lot of the music business
look at his videos
For his talent it is a sad day
H

Cloud9Gal
June 25th, 2009, 16:00
I agree with you Henry!

Michael Jackson WAS the King of Pop! I loved him as an artist and I always will! He revolutionized the music industry just like the Beatles did in the 60s. He was extremely talented. I grew up listening and dancing to his music.
His loss makes me sad. He was definitely an 80s icon and will be missed by fans from all around the world.

Thank you for leaving us with a legacy of your talent through your music Michael.
~May you Rest in Peace MJ~

paiken
June 25th, 2009, 16:01
Actually Henry, he sold the Beatles catalog a while back. May be why he had to declare bankruptcy...

Henry
June 25th, 2009, 16:05
Actually Henry, he sold the Beatles catalog a while back. May be why he had to declare bankruptcy...
only some
he still owned some
he was planning to give some back to Paul McCartney
but thats another story
H

Navy Chief
June 25th, 2009, 16:24
One thing IS for certain; there will be people scrambling to write books about him to capitalize on the attention his death will bring. The talk shows will be overflowing with guests about the "gloved one".

NC

jdhaenens
June 25th, 2009, 16:32
I CAN'T be the only one here who'll own up to buying the "Thriller" album. I still listen to hear Vincent Price:applause:

N2056
June 25th, 2009, 16:39
I guess for me the saddest part is that this happened on the same day that Farrah Fawcett passed away. She struck me as a pretty decent person, especially in how she dealt with the BS hand of cards she got dealt. Now all of that will probably be lost in the hype. :frown:

d0mokun
June 25th, 2009, 16:41
I CAN'T be the only one here who'll own up to buying the "Thriller" album. I still listen to hear Vincent Price:applause:

Thriller, Bad, many great albums.

Actually Bad was the first CD I ever owned!

Henry
June 25th, 2009, 16:46
hill no I owned a bunch, off the wall etc etc
exceptional albums
N2056
i agree also
just happens that way
Farrah had a hard battle
it realy is a shame both are on the same day
both need tribute
H

MudMarine
June 25th, 2009, 16:51
I can't get over some of these comments, people are mean SOB's. Ah, Christian mercy and forgiveness, never fails to dissapoint.

Judge not lest you be judged..........!

Prowler1111
June 25th, 2009, 17:14
He was talented, he was gifted, not a big time fan but after some time i realize some of my fav tunes came from him, sadly, the guy in the stage was completely different on the personal side of life,which at the end, caught up with his "stage life".
Even as i wont miss him, may God give his soul the rest he needed here, and also, that he may face with humble, the final tribunal that will dictate his future in our Godīs eternity.
BTW..ebay will go over the roof on Jacko memorabilia...
Best regards
Prowler

PRB
June 25th, 2009, 17:29

He's talking about the nice people who posted things like "glad he's dead!" and "what took him so long?" and stuff along those lines. He has a point.

FengZ
June 25th, 2009, 17:31
wow, some of are you so mean. Like him or not, he was an extremely talented individual and inspired millions of people through music. That deserves a lot of respect.

-feng

Lionheart
June 25th, 2009, 17:54
He left at an early age. Hard to believe. Some incredible music and videos.

One of his music videos is about some endangered species and the Earth. Fantastic video. I could never understand why it didnt do better. Maybe its just me.

Rest in peace Michael.

Bill

OBIO
June 25th, 2009, 18:03
While I was/am not a huge fan of his music, he did have a few songs that I do like to this day. His talent and his impact on the pop music industry are undeniable. Many of today's pop music stars owe a world of debt to Michael and what he did for that genre of music...on all levels, from the music style, lyrics, the dancing and stage shows...all of it is due to Gloved One.

His life, from the start, was tragic, was unbalanced, was unorthodox. May he find the peace in death that he never knew in life.

OBIO

Henry
June 25th, 2009, 18:04
wow, some of are you so mean. Like him or not, he was an extremely talented individual and inspired millions of people through music. That deserves a lot of respect.

-feng
You got it!
everyone of us has a good side
and a bad side
times like this
just remember the good side
just my personal opinion
H

Willy
June 25th, 2009, 18:19
Whether or not we liked him, he was still a human being and deserves respect at his passing.

redriver6
June 25th, 2009, 19:05
Whether or not we liked him, he was still a human being and deserves respect at his passing.

ditto...and Thriller is probably one of if not the best music video in history..

RickN
June 25th, 2009, 19:49
I must admit that I liked a lot of his early stuff including Billie Jean, pretty good video for those of you old enough to remember Friday Night Videos, but in later life he himself got a little weird for my taste.

As for death coming in threes, it is a pretty common thing. I saw it all the time back when I used to work nursing homes. One would die and the staff would start watching the two most likely to go next very closely.

Lionheart
June 25th, 2009, 22:23
I found it.

The coolest song I think he has done..

I hear it and it makes me want to cry.

KOnL5c8LMqM&

cheezyflier
June 25th, 2009, 22:46

my personal favorite version of thriller is this one:
MThEoxSWURA

His talent and his impact on the pop music industry are undeniable. Many of today's pop music stars owe a world of debt to Michael and what he did for that genre of music...on all levels, from the music style, lyrics, the dancing and stage shows...all of it is due to Gloved One.

mtv itself owes a great deal to him. before thriller nearly all videos were performance, or artsy. editing and direction changed because of that one video. he choreographed dance moves for countless others. he changed style trends from the metal style to a more sophisticated type of glam.
he made it possible for weird al to have a career. "eat it" is what sent his career into superstardom not just because of the song parody, but from the video parody as well. he did alot for the entertainment industry as a whole.
the negative aspect of his life was a part of him as well, but focusing on it won't accomplish anything

Quixoticish
June 25th, 2009, 23:56
On the mark. Not going to stop the lawlz comments though. :guinness:

Nothing wrong with genuine lawlz comments but Michael Jackson ones are a bit tired and I'm sure everyone has heard them before.

AussieMan
June 26th, 2009, 02:08
One report says that LA City officials have refused a request by Jacko's family for him to be cremated.

The reason? There is so much plastic in his body that they are afraid toxic chemicals will be released into the atmosphere.

Cheers
Pat

tigisfat
June 26th, 2009, 02:25

There is nothing wrong with being judged, it happens all the time. That's why you live as good of a life as you possibly can, and do all the good you can. As for Michael, people will stick it to a rich guy anyway they can so I won't pass a 'for sure' judgement on his alleged male child problems. If all the allegations are true, I can't feel any respect for him even in his time of passing. Not every human being deserves respect.

I loved Michael Jackson as a boy, so I sincerely hope it wasn't true.

Panther_99FS
June 26th, 2009, 05:02
Nevermind...

Chacha
June 26th, 2009, 05:57
Nevermind...

I will hold my peace as well....

Rest in peace Michael Jackson!

Eli

Cazzie
June 26th, 2009, 06:28
Michael had a mental problem, it was God's curse for him making too much money. He was a performer, but I never liked his solo stuff after the Jackson Five, way to "gay" oriented for my listening (and viewing) pleasure.

However, all the hoopla following his shuffling off our mortal coil sometimes makes me question people's moral values. He was just a human being folks, human beings die, RIP.

Caz

Quixoticish
June 26th, 2009, 07:07
Michael had a mental problem, it was God's curse for him making too much money. He was a performer, but I never liked his solo stuff after the Jackson Five, way to "gay" oriented for my listening (and viewing) pleasure.

However, all the hoopla following his shuffling off our mortal coil sometimes makes me question people's moral values. He was just a human being folks, human beings die, RIP.

Caz

God's curse?

:isadizzy:

MudMarine
June 26th, 2009, 07:10
He's talking about the nice people who posted things like "glad he's dead!" and "what took him so long?" and stuff along those lines. He has a point.

DO NOT judge a group of people by the actions of a few!! That's my point!

Prowler1111
June 26th, 2009, 07:15
One thing is for sure, no embalming is going to be needed, plastic takes 1000īs years to decompose...
On a more serious note, didnīt he gave his body to that freaky german guy who plastifies(spell?)bodies and have this freak show museum? i remember reading this somewhere..
Prowler

MudMarine
June 26th, 2009, 07:31
God's curse?

:isadizzy:

You're right Chris, God doesnt' "curse" people! He gave us freewill, we do it to ourselves!

MudMarine
June 26th, 2009, 07:35
Nevermind...

Me personally; I'm praying for Mike's soul. He was a very flawed man, I only wish all the people involved in his life peace. Seems some people around here need to work out their inner-demons also! Looking in the mirror can be a tough thing!

Henry
June 26th, 2009, 09:08
Like Elvis his legacy will outweigh his actual career. He was a very talented entertainer who got lost along the way. "Thriller" best selling album of all times, both the album and the videos were awesome.

I was never a Jackson 5 fan or a Michael fan until "Thriller"; I still have the album in my collection and always will. I hope to remember him for his accomplishments and not for his weaknesses and behavior.
Thats exactly what i think
with the exception that off the wall was my first favorite
and i still have the LP versions as well as cd's
but every thing else is exactly the way i feel
H

Mithrin
June 26th, 2009, 10:06
I really like his music and it's sad to see such a legend pass away. Finally some peace and quiet for that man. Rest in peace. Gone too soon.

Navy Chief
June 26th, 2009, 11:48
I first heard the "Off The Wall" lp when living in an apartment on Mankato Univ. campus, back in 1980. Two girls who lived across the hall from me would play it. Really liked that release the best.

NC

tigisfat
June 26th, 2009, 12:32

Caz

What? "gay" oriented? C'mon now, Michael Jackson appealed to the entire world. Iraqis still love him to death. He's quite possibly the biggest and most popular entertainer that has ever lived.

Can we leave religion out please?:kilroy:

Henry
June 26th, 2009, 12:41
Can we leave religion out please?:kilroy:
Have not seen religion mentioned
H

Lionus
June 26th, 2009, 13:09
I'm greatly disappointed by some replies in this thread. I expected more from a community that has more mature members. :frown: I guess that some fellows who posted here are heading towards second childhood, and I'm basing this on the level of immaturity in their replies.

R.I.P. Michael. You will be missed.

Kiwikat
June 26th, 2009, 13:16
Based on the controversy surrounding the guy, I'm not surprised by the responses.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a fan, of him or his music. I'm glad that in a month after all this dies down I'll never have to see his plastic face, dangling babies, and child molesting cases on television again. May be immature to others, but I'm just being honest about it. If you can't respect others' opinions, no matter how different they are from your own, a forum probably isn't the best place to be at. :mixedsmi:

djscoo
June 26th, 2009, 13:28
May be immature to others...

yes.

Toastmaker
June 26th, 2009, 14:10
Any minute now the locksmith will arrive. . .

:running:

hey_moe
June 26th, 2009, 14:36
Hey guys....we all have faults....try to respect a human being passing away. Yes he did things wrong in his life just like you have. You may not have gone to this kind of extreme but he did...so what.He was a good performer and singer and is a true icon to music. If he had so many faults...just watch the local and national news. He will be well missed.Lets try not to be so hateful and mean and give a little bit of respect to him and his family....if you are perfect...than print as you wish...Mike

Wing_Z
June 26th, 2009, 15:08
...Yes he did things wrong in his life just like you have.
Uhuh...except, you know...?

...You may not have gone to this kind of extreme but he did...so what.
So...you should miss this?

...He will be well missed.
There are two issues being discussed: the guy's music success, and his personal life.
If you liked his music, you may well subscribe to this view.

Any minute now the locksmith will arrive...
Could not happen soon enough...

MudMarine
June 26th, 2009, 15:47
Suck it up people! Not everyone has the same ideas you may have! Tolerance!

EasyEd
June 26th, 2009, 15:51
Hey All,

Anybody alive during the 70s and 80s - whether they liked his music or not - knew and was affected by the talent of Michael Jackson. He was that big.

As for the strange twists and turns his life took offstage I think a lot of what people resent is that people like Jackson have the freedom and money to live life anyway they see fit and if the way they see fit isn't "normal" the resentment builds. However that is the essence of freedom. I didn't like what he turned into but freely admit that it was his choice. As for the alleged pedophilia a jury found him innocent of all charges - case closed. Where there is smoke there is not necessarily fire - the jury said so. To not respect the decision of the jury is to not respect the law.

Michael while your music and lifestyle didn't really appeal to me I admired your enormous talent and ability and am glad that we both live in a society where we can each as Frank Sinatra sang - do it my way.

RIP Michael

-Ed-

safn1949
June 26th, 2009, 16:22
Unfortunately Mike took a wrong turn somewhere,as we all know he got real weird in his later years.

Talented? Absolutely,but he turned himself into a freak and if he wasn't rich and famous he would have been in prison years ago.

I feel sorry for him,he struck me as a lonely and lost soul who slowly lost touch with reality.

I hope he can rest in peace,none of us know if he was right with God,I can only hope.This is all just my honest opinion,I'm not trying to offend anyone or cause any trouble.

Wing_Z
June 26th, 2009, 20:05
Well said.
There's a thing that comes with having too much, which can totally debilitate some characters.
Howard Hughes springs to mind...
If he did not have all that untold wealth to cocoon him, somebody might've given him a shakeup.
Or at least not helped him into the pit.

tigisfat
June 26th, 2009, 20:17

I don't understand how there's intolerance in this thread that offends anyone. The only intolerance I've seen is towards child molestation. Shouldn't there be a worldwide, intercultural and interracial intolerance of such acts? What are there varying ideas that we need to be more accepting of?

Piglet
June 26th, 2009, 20:30
My cousin's neighbor's son's babysitter works at LA County Coronor's office, and sent me this top secret pic! Can't be seen anywhere else!

tigisfat
June 26th, 2009, 21:17
My cousin's neighbor's son's babysitter works at LA County Coronor's office, and sent me this top secret pic! Can't be seen anywhere else!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, thanks, I needed that laugh. :icon_lol:

jbtate
June 26th, 2009, 22:40
I remember Michael Jackson making a tuxedo cool with his "Off The Wall" album cover. With white socks. Doing a hotel lounge gig at that time; wore white socks with black tux and we grooved. Of and of ...
jbtate

blazefox2
June 26th, 2009, 22:49
mj was a huge icon i did enjoy some of his music he will be missed by anyone who grew up in the 80's-90's

Mithrin
June 27th, 2009, 00:17
I just don't get it. In a thread where you have the opportunity to respect the dead, instead you make nasty, what I guess are supposed to be, jokes. If you don't respect MJ then at least respect the people who do so and may be hurt by such, what is in their eyes, offensive material.

Think out of your own 'yes I can think and say whatever the **** I like' box and consider the fact that what you say may be hurtful to other. My god, scary eh? But still, try it, it may be enlightening....sigh.

Lionus
June 27th, 2009, 00:35
Indeed. MJ is no longer amongst us, thus, he can not defend himself from these brave backstabbers who don't respect neither the dead nor alive.

RickN
June 27th, 2009, 00:50
Folks to put it simply, you can respect the talent without respecting the personal life, and MJ has been the butt of jokes here in the US for many years. Again not his talent but his personal life, and you have to remember that everything weird in his personal life he did to himself.

And yes even those making comments about his personal life in this thread do feel for his family and friends, and many probably also respected his talent.

Mithrin
June 27th, 2009, 02:13
My point is that by doing so, making those jokes, you are just totally inconsiderate to those people who might get offended by it. I don't think this thread was started with the idea of making jokes about him.

I don't mind if people make jokes about him. I would simply ignore such a thread. Do you think fans would appreciate it if you would step into a MJ fanclub where they just received the news that he died, and tell such jokes? There may be fans in here as well, so why hurt their feelings?

Kiwikat
June 27th, 2009, 02:40
ROFLMAO Tim, that is priceless! The nose doesn't quite look right though :icon_lol:

I'll also pass along Mud's quote...

IVANOW
June 27th, 2009, 04:27
He was a good entertainer. I like his music . "Billie Jean" and "Free Willy" are my favorites . His music will live on .

It is a shame .
Drugs has taken way too many away .

Curses are not from GOD , They are from satan .

If you have a lot of money it is not a sin , the love of money is .

Let him without sin cast the first stone .

RIP Michael Jackson

MudMarine
June 27th, 2009, 07:55
I don't understand how there's intolerance in this thread that offends anyone. The only intolerance I've seen is towards child molestation. Shouldn't there be a worldwide, intercultural and interracial intolerance of such acts? What are there varying ideas that we need to be more accepting of?

Good Lord........it's about tolerating other people ideas/opinions! This is a forum after all! I guess everyone should think the same? Or think like you do.

PS Was MJ ever convicted of child molestation? No

Prowler1111
June 27th, 2009, 08:30
..Tolerance..is a 2 way street...

EasyEd
June 27th, 2009, 08:42
Hey All,

I'll answer too.

To me it's simple. Respect the dead - especially those "not guilty" (in any criminal court of law) of any crimes. America has stood for freedom to live your life as you see fit for over 200 years and many have fought and died defending that principle. Michael Jackson lived his life as he saw fit and I think because it wasn't "normal" there is resentment of his ability to do so. Either that or people are not respecting the law who investigated Michael Jackson on all of those charges and tried and found him not guilty on some. In my opinion there is absolutely nothing in this thread even remotely suggesting tolerance of child molestation or pedophilia - which should be prosecuted to the max.

As I said before his music and lifestyle did not suit my tastes but RIP Michael Jackson anyway. And enuff from me.

-Ed-

kilo delta
June 27th, 2009, 09:01
there is absolutely nothing in this thread even remotely suggesting tolerance of child molestation or pedophilia - which should be prosecuted to the max.

-Ed-

Exactly, Ed. It's worth remembering that MJ was never found guilty of any alledged molestation charges.

No sane and well person could/would defend the action's of a paedophile. I,through a weird twist of fate, have been involved in the suscessful incarceration of a particularly vile paedophile and the resulting break up of a previously unknown paedo ring.

FWIW I'm not now nor ever have been a fan of MJ....but theirs no denying that he was a talented singer/dancer with a massive worldwide fanbase.
May he rest in peace.

Henry
June 27th, 2009, 09:03
I was listening to an interview with Donald Trump
yesterday who apparently Knew him well
He stated that there were two Michael Jacksons
one from a child to the age of 35
A brilliant and talented Man
after 35 A depressed and Sad Man
May he get some peace now!

idancesafetydance
June 28th, 2009, 11:26
I loved his music, but his personality....

harleyman
June 29th, 2009, 04:31
Ok..After days of reading my turn...

I really was not into his music much..But some stuff was incrediable.To say the least..

I followed his career from his early days till death...

Its unfortuinate to pass at such an early age...

I believe in his later years he was a very troubled man..

Hopefully in death he will have eternal peace..We all deserve that..Well..Most do...LOL

Lionheart
June 29th, 2009, 09:40
Amen to that you guys. May he rest in peace.

If you think about it, as an entertainer, its like he was working for people, always trying to do things for people. Making them songs to listen to, videos to watch. Even his house was like Disneyland.

Speaking of Disneyland, there was a new area (years ago) that he did with help through George Lucas, about a science fiction trip. Pretty cool ride. All this by him.

In Kuwait, he was working on a themepark there as well (I think it was Kuwait, not sure, in the middle east somewhere).

Always working on entertaining. Always coming up with ideas for people to be entertained by. And always trying to make kids happy. Yeah, I know, some think it got wierd. I do not think they ever really proved anything concrete. Everyone makes mistakes. No one is perfect but the Big Guy upstairs.

Rest in peace Michael.

Bill

jackedwardmorris95
June 29th, 2009, 13:09
Personally I loved his music, I've just got back into it since he has died, I'm mainly a classic rock and blues man but Jacko was different. Make up your mind about what you think of him as a person, personally I just think he was naive...

Jack

gera
June 29th, 2009, 14:26
Rest in Peace Miguelito!!!!! some of his dancing was "incredible" and some of his music too....

Look at him doing--Lezginka...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyn4_W9I7_E

Great!!!!