PDA

View Full Version : My Fs9 install is possesed

PhantomP
June 25th, 2009, 06:43
Hi I have been using an aircraft for the last week, and everything ran fine.A couple of days ago I downloaded a new panel for it, and installed it, and still everything on the aircraft ran superb.Than last night I started not seeing the smoke effects anymore on that particular aircraft.I uninstalled the panel and reinstalled it,and no dice, so I uninstalled the aircraft , gauges effects Ect still no smoke effect.So I went back to the orignal panel set up and the aircraft ran fine with smoke effects even, but for some reason now, when I use the new panel, I downloaded it won't let me have smoke effects anymore.Why all of a sudden did this happen.I did not fool with any of the files.would it be a registry problem,How can I fix this,so I can use the other panel again, and have smoke effects, with it also.Thanks

dhazelgrove
June 25th, 2009, 07:07
Sounds to me like you've got a missing effects controller.
Compare the gauges in the two panels.

Dave

PhantomP
June 25th, 2009, 07:42
I tried that already dhazelgrove,but thanks. This is weird. I put fs9 in pause, and went to the windowed mode, then went to that specific aircraft folder, and changed the panel to the one I like, while the game is running,and it worked fine until I exit and restarted fs9 again this is too much.any suggestions please. Thanks:banghead:

OBIO
June 25th, 2009, 08:14
Not meaning to beat a dead horse, but to me it sounds like the smoke effects are controlled by a gauge that is in the first panel set up but not in the second panel set up.

As as far as changing the panel with the plane flying but paused....the sim reads everything in the plane's folders before starting the flight. Pausing the flight, swapping the panel, and un-pausing the flight will have you flying with the original panel in place. Once you end the flight and restart it, the sim will re-read the plane folder, pick up the info from the new panel and POOF there go the smoke effects.

OBIO

dhazelgrove
June 25th, 2009, 12:10
Exactly right.
If you're going to change the panel - always reload the aircraft.

Dave