PDA

View Full Version : Hey Dirt, and anyone else, This lady is for you....

Cowboy1968
June 24th, 2009, 19:07
Hey Dirtman, remember what we talked about earlier...........lol

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o431/Cowboy31a/Vedios/th_Movie.jpg (http://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o431/Cowboy31a/Vedios/?action=view&current=Movie.flv)

Of course like in movie making you shoot what is probably the hardest scene first. So here is the closing seen to (working title) Screaming Ladies....Banshees over Korea!

bearcat241
June 24th, 2009, 19:50
Nice video...you might make that LSO a lot happier by using spoilers in addition to flaps on approach. Your indicated trap speed would rip a tailhook off of a real Banjo :icon_lol: --- 150 knots would be a good target.

If you contact Prowler he might also give you access to an updated model without that grey spot in the VC reticle. The update should have more realistic 2D panel bitmap as well. Your video reminded me of a few unfinished touches needed on my own updated panel.

Cowboy1968
June 24th, 2009, 20:11
Yep I know I came in a little hot. I was watching the deck and not the speed. I usually try for 150. but hey she is down.

And you do have to leave a lot of power in those engines to get her down. It really is a different sort of game to get a jet aboard ship then it is a prop plane. I had her at about two thirds throttle so I could keep control of the pitch. And yes I forgot to use my spoilers to bring her speed down, That was a mistake. Probably would earn me a yellow square on the Greene Board. But man i tell you the Banshee is like a brick. once she decides you don't have enough power she decides to take you into the drink.

Thumbs up to the carrier pilots of World War II and Korea.....those early jets were monsters to control at low power.

Dirtman
June 25th, 2009, 09:40
Yo CB;

Hey man, ya finally got it on the deck in one piece!!!

- now go call yer Mom!

Shadow Wolf 07
June 25th, 2009, 12:08
Nice! :ernae: