PDA

View Full Version : Question for the fs9 experts

PhantomP
June 24th, 2009, 13:28
ok I am trying to get a guage to work but, when I press the activation button it CTDs with this error message, [creation failed check to see if sound file is avaliable] ,ok how can I remedy this, can I just take off the sound of the guage? or can I just swap with a new sound file?.How would you go about doing this? thanks:mixedsmi:

dcc
June 24th, 2009, 15:30
ok I am trying to get a guage to work but, when I press the activation button it CTDs with this error message, [creation failed check to see if sound file is avaliable] ,ok how can I remedy this, can I just take off the sound of the guage? or can I just swap with a new sound file?.How would you go about doing this? thanks:mixedsmi:

not sure if this is the issue, but some gauges that activate sounds need a dll to be placed in the main FS9 folder. And if it's not it will cause a CTD.

- dcc

PhantomP
June 24th, 2009, 15:34
Yeah Gaugesound .dll ,That's not the problem,but thanks for help anyways.:jump:

Henry
June 24th, 2009, 15:43
is it activated in the cfg file?
H

Milton Shupe
June 24th, 2009, 16:30
You might check to see where that gauge expects the sound file to be. Some require it in the panel folder, some in teh gauge folder (some in a folder in the gauge folder), and some want it in the main FS9 folder, and I have seen one that wants it in its own sound folder.

PhantomP
June 24th, 2009, 20:17
Thanks guys I'll go searching.

PhantomP
June 25th, 2009, 04:58
Theres no sound file,can i use a different one,or can I use no sound at all.Thanks

Moparmike
June 25th, 2009, 05:27
Can you post the name of the problem gauge? Maybe someone here will have their memory jogged by the name.
Is it a C-type (.GAU) gauge or is it XML (.CAB or folder)?

Like Milt said, there are several places that the gauge will expect to find the sound file.

In the case of a C-style gauge, there really isn't any way to disable the gauge calling for that missing sound file that I'm aware of...short of rebuilding the gauge from it's source code.
If it's an XML gauge, the you should be able to browse through the XML source files to find the name of the missing file and probably the path it's supposed to be at.

PhantomP
June 25th, 2009, 07:52
I cant find the gauge. maybe it was never put in, and thats the problem.Anyways it's for the project mach 2 concorde wipers. your suppose to be able to turn them on and off by using a panel switch and when I turn the switch on thats, when I get the ctd and, fs9 error described in my earlier post.Thanks