PDA

View Full Version : Lower Catapault Speed?

Spilot69
June 24th, 2009, 06:04
Is there a way to lower the speed of the launches off the carriers? its just too fast default and aircraft doesnt fly off but is thrown off the carrier deck. Watched some videos and they all come off around 125 knots not 150+. Thanks!

piperarcherpilot
June 24th, 2009, 08:47
I've wondered the same thing, too. I hope its easily scaled...

wilycoyote4
June 24th, 2009, 10:08
Not a direct answer but reduce throttle helps me, depends on the aircraft, too, I think, and weight.

Kavehpd
June 24th, 2009, 11:52
There isn't anything in the SDK. So, I guess it cannot be done unless some sort of an external and 3rd party module is involved.

piperarcherpilot
June 24th, 2009, 12:29
Does anyone know where the files are that define how it functions...or is it hard coded somewhere and hidden?

Henry
June 24th, 2009, 12:41
There isn't anything in the SDK. So, I guess it cannot be done unless some sort of an external and 3rd party module is involved.
finding it in the sdk is impossible
a language all by itself
H

Navy Chief
June 24th, 2009, 13:08
I bet someone here will take the challenge and try to find out! (Hint, it won't be me!). I consider it a good day when my computer boots successfully.

NC

Kavehpd
June 24th, 2009, 14:12
Does anyone know where the files are that define how it functions...or is it hard coded somewhere and hidden?

Ironically enough, the only things that are hard coded into the engine are time delay and velocity. Exactly what this thread is about.

Everything else can be modified via the BGL or SimConnect. These are:

attachpt_catapult_start_n
attachpt_catapult_end_n
SURFACE RELATIVE GROUND SPEED

Read "Catapult Assisted Take Off" section in Acceleration SDK. Also "Catapult Launches" in the "Simulation Variables." Though, there is nothing relevant to this discussion.

That "surface relative ground speed" thing is also irrelevant. It's to calculate aircraft speed when the landing surface itself is moving (e.g. a moving carrier). This means SimConnect module is also out of question. We need some sort of a "russian HDR/Night Vision" thingamajig!

Henry
June 24th, 2009, 15:36
We need some sort of a "russian HDR/Night Vision" thingamajig!
or a magician:173go1:
H