PDA

View Full Version : Uhoh, seems FSGenisis is out of business

tracyq144
June 23rd, 2009, 17:49
Received an email last week stating this might happen, seems to be a done deal.

Shame, it was always the first thing I "modded" the FS series with.

MCDesigns
June 23rd, 2009, 18:08
Bummer, this is a real loss to the community. Guess I'll have to do without if I need mesh or see if someone else with a good reputation and quality product takes his place.

Justin is a great guy, hope he does well in the future!!

Seadog
June 23rd, 2009, 18:10
I sure hope you responded with a purchase or a donation. I did, and, so far as I can see, the lights are still on and someone's at home. Justin has been through a living nightmare. If there's a stronger unwritten prejudice anywhere in the law than "The Mother gets the kids," I haven't seen it in my 35 years of practice, and he won custody at a great economic and emotional cost. Tells you something about the man and the situation. Just saying.

It's apparently not too late to make a purchase or a donation, as you see fit.

n4gix
June 23rd, 2009, 19:02
It's still open for business. I bought a GalaxyPlus yesterday.

heywooood
June 23rd, 2009, 19:04
life has its real ups and downs - mustn't let them trump our virtual ones, eh...

I don't know Justin - I do own FSGenesis and would like to one day see the plateau / stepped airfields fixed but kids always come first.

I wish him all the best.

spotlope
June 23rd, 2009, 19:26
The site is still up and functional... what led you to believe he was out of business?

Naismith
June 23rd, 2009, 19:35
Helps having the ability to spell GENESIS as opposed to GENISIS

hobofat
June 23rd, 2009, 19:43
I sure hope you responded with a purchase or a donation. I did, and, so far as I can see, the lights are still on and someone's at home.

It's apparently not too late to make a purchase or a donation, as you see fit.

This is definitely the way to do it.

CBris
June 23rd, 2009, 20:49
I got the same mail and it is only just "early days" yet - he may well be hanging in there by the skin of his teeth, so let's root for Justin.

JayKae
June 23rd, 2009, 22:42
Here is the link for the donations as such, hope it is ok to post that

http://www.fsgenesis.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FSG&Product_Code=DONATE

swimeye
June 23rd, 2009, 23:51
I have been thinking of buying the landclass for usa for a while, and now seems to be a better time than ever, but i am using another landclass covering to whole world, is it ok to use fsgeneis and the other on together?

harleyman
June 24th, 2009, 03:59
I have been thinking of buying the landclass for usa for a while, and now seems to be a better time than ever, but i am using another landclass covering to whole world, is it ok to use fsgeneis and the other on together?

You can but one needs installed as Add-On Scenery in a layer, so you can deactivate one and use the other if you want..The one that shows in your scenery library on top will always be the one that works in FSX..

He is not really *Out Of Business* Just had to cut back on future developements as he had to get a real job outside the home.(not that his work is not a ral job)

He states that when the economy gets better he will be back in full force...Its a shame.. I have made several small donations also in the past in a attempt to help..

swimeye
June 24th, 2009, 04:02
Ok, thanks for the answer.

Prowler1111
June 24th, 2009, 04:13
Does anybody knows how can i get in touch with Justin? Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Prowler

tracyq144
June 24th, 2009, 05:24
The site is still up and functional... what led you to believe he was out of business?

I had his site bookmarked, and couldn't access it yesterday. That, combined with the earlier email, caused me to think he had closed. Just checked again, and you are correct, it is up. Good deal!

I've bought everything I can use, guess I'll send a little donation.