PDA

View Full Version : Wildfire Pilot (new website)

Slund
June 22nd, 2009, 10:38
I was planning to start this little project in the Fall but things have slowed down considerably. When you get a chance check out my new website Wildfire Pilot (http://www.wildfirepilot.com/) There is still a good deal of work to get done but I'd be interested in hearing your suggestions or comments. I should be able to get some simple fire scenarios built this week and uploaded to the site.

mike_cyul
June 22nd, 2009, 11:09
Very cool! Looking forwards to seeing how it develops. :applause:

Mike

Killbilly
June 22nd, 2009, 20:42
Great idea for a site. I do a lot of virtual fire drops, and I'll be checking out your site. If you're looking for ideas, we really need some very good forest fire effects that can be placed anywhere with instant scenery.

Good luck with the new site. :ernae:

Lionheart
June 23rd, 2009, 01:03
What a cool idea.

Making some scenery addons that have fire effects on a terrain area, and have everyone download the same scenery and go online would be pretty cool.. Working organization on going at a forest fire (or brush fire) in a group.

:applause:

Bill

blazefox2
June 23rd, 2009, 01:53
a very interesting idea this could make some fun and interesting multiplayer events :running:

BAT21
June 23rd, 2009, 02:16
good idea<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
in my opinion the are also these other points:<o:p></o:p>
the use of both big water bomber and hopper GA aircraft<o:p></o:p>
the simulation of the weight loosing during the drop<o:p></o:p>
the interaction between the fire-retardant and the fire-extinguished on the ground

Marco

Slund
June 23rd, 2009, 08:31
Great idea for a site. I do a lot of virtual fire drops, and I'll be checking out your site. If you're looking for ideas, we really need some very good forest fire effects that can be placed anywhere with instant scenery.

Good luck with the new site. :ernae:

I'm already working on some improved forest fire effects that vary in size and intesity. Eventually I'll package them up into an Instant Scenery library file. While were on the subject does anyone know how to create library files with FX files? I have no problem doing it with MDL files, is the process similar?

Eventually we will have a scenery section with 2-3 sceneries available at a time for multiplayer flying. You can opt to keep the old sceneries or delete them afterwards.

It would be great if we could interact with the fire effects in multiplayer but I'm afraid that outside of a mission that's just not possible. I'm hoping that we will attract a few mission builders to the site who might be interested in building some training based missions.

jdhaenens
June 23rd, 2009, 08:36
As I recall, you need to send them as effects in addition to using the attachtool in gmax to attach them to an object to get your .mdl for the library.

EgoR64
June 23rd, 2009, 08:49
:ernae: Great site Slund, Always loved a good firefight !!

Cheers !!:icon29:

Killbilly
June 23rd, 2009, 09:43
As I recall, you need to send them as effects in addition to using the attachtool in gmax to attach them to an object to get your .mdl for the library.

Yeah, I think you have to create a model (like a little flat rectangle or something, make that model transparent (with alpha), attach the effect to the model (as you would any other model), and then use the library creator.

Slund
June 23rd, 2009, 13:27
From what I've read it looks like I can add attach points to an object in FSDS V3.5.1 by adding an XML blurb to the PartDataDefs.txt file. However, I will have to add an individual blurb for each indivifual effect that I want to attach to an object. It only took me 3 days to figure out how to create a single hardened surface in FSDS using the same technique. :isadizzy: How hard would this be do do in Gmax? maybe it's time I moved on and gave Gmax a shot...