Perhaps Ford's xcursion CEO model?
Or is it CEO bashing season again?

Lionheart
June 21st, 2009, 23:40
Man.. Looks nicer then a Lear jet..!

Bill

Cazzie
June 22nd, 2009, 03:41
A gluttonous reason why the big three are going under!

Willy
June 22nd, 2009, 04:37
Ford's the only one of the big three that seems to be weathering the storm on it's own. I hope it survives without needing any help.

brad kaste
June 22nd, 2009, 05:15
A gluttonous reason why the big three are going under!
Cazzie,........you hit the nail on the head perfectly. When this oversized, ugly beast was unveiled a few years back,....it made me wonder,...what's Ford doing,...trying out-do Chevy with their Suburban? It failed miserably.

Lionus
June 23rd, 2009, 00:38
well, it certainly makes F-series look reasonable and the rest of the lineup pretty, even with those horrid gillette grilles..:173go1:

Sandydog
June 23rd, 2009, 18:23
The Explursion may have 'failed' in volume sales, but the truck was/is an excellent vehicle FOR ITS INTENDED PURPOSE: a large, heavy-duty passenger-carrying TRUCK.
I drive a (company-owned) 2005 Excursion XLT Diesel 4WD, power everything/cloth interior/8-passenger with 75K miles, all on the North Slope of Alaska. Those 75K miles include sometimes leaving the thing idling 24hrs a day for days on end in -30F temperatures and colder, sometimes cold enough to make transmission and differential fluids turn to jelly. Those miles were driven on roads that are mudpits in spring and fall, dustbowls in the summer, and wastelands of blowing snow in winter.
It is still absolutely rock-solid and reliable, quiet for a Diesel, and quite comfortable. Safe? You can't get much safer in an industrial setting where wheeled vehicles that weigh 2.6 million pounds or more are moving about on the same roads that I use.
The Excursion is just about the most popular passenger vehicle in the Arctic oilfields; I had to politic rather heavily to get mine, as others were standing in line for it. It's reliable, comfortable, sturdy, nearly indestructible, has two excellent heaters, two batteries, and a truck suspension that can take extreme service.
'Ugly' is in the eye of the beholder. An Excursion is rather foolish being driven by soccer moms with 1.2 children aboard in downtown Manhattan. A Prius, on the other hand, looks rather foolish trying to tow a 12000lb load.
I couldn't buy a new Excursion last year although I would have done, as bunnyhuggers, girlymen. and Liberals have made them non-PC and thus discontinued (Ford's HD F250 Crewcab Diesel, oddly enough, is the same length and weight, just won't carry as many people), so instead bought a Suburban for the passenger/cargo capacity, towing capacity, and SAFETY.
They're not even close. A Suburban is a crude imitation of an Excursion, lighter, tinnier, more frail, and certainly no TRUCK. Might as well have a minivan. . .
Let's be honest with each other. If he could afford it, every REAL man would have an Excursion. And a Prius, to get in touch with his feminine side.:173go1:

wombat666
June 23rd, 2009, 23:37
Let's be honest with each other. If he could afford it, every REAL man would have an Excursion.:173go1:

I could afford one but as long as my butt points downward I'd NEVER consider owning one. I do not need a truck.
:pop4: