PDA

View Full Version : Albatros D.III (Oeffag) new shots

lucas81
June 20th, 2009, 15:14
Hi folks,

As I am busy with my other project for another sim engine, I cannot work too much on this model. Still, I have to finish the master texture, add specular and bump maps and finish the animations. A friend of mine is working on the VC, so only the external 3D is ready. At the moment I made the contact points and basic flight dynamics. More to come later.
I am attaching two screens. One of the lt. Franz Rudorfer and second of lt. Ludwik Patalas from 13.Eskadra Mysliwska.
The next will be some planes from the famous "Kosciuszko Squadron" where served volunteer pilots from the USA. I'll describe the squadron's history later. It is very interesting.

Lucas

huub vink
June 20th, 2009, 15:21
Really beautiful Lucas :applause: :applause: :applause:

Huub

JT8D-9A
June 20th, 2009, 15:26
Yes, beautiful work :applause: Looking forward to learn more about history :ernae:

rwmarth
June 20th, 2009, 15:33
That plane looks great! Cant wait to fly her. And that squadron history does indeed sound very interesting....

Cazzie
June 20th, 2009, 16:32
Beautiful Lucas! Can't wait until this one is released. Paint Kit please?

Caz

lucas81
June 20th, 2009, 16:37
Cazzie, it will be relased for sure. There are so many supercool paints for this baby :)
My master texture is 4096x4096 which provides great detail. Because the model is very simple (as for the FSX standards), it loads very quickly and the bird should be very fps friendly.
Gents, thanks for feedback! I ll post some story once I will have some dedicated paints ready.

L.

BananaBob
June 20th, 2009, 17:26
Looking forward to this, really sweet work. :applause::applause::applause:

Lionheart
June 20th, 2009, 17:34
Looking great Lucas!

Some superb texturing there.

:applause:

Bill

Epsillon
June 20th, 2009, 20:54
Very nice work, Lucas! :applause::applause::applause:

Roger
June 21st, 2009, 01:58
Looking very good there Lucas!:ernae:

Daube
June 21st, 2009, 04:49
The external model is really beautifull, excellent work !
I can't wait to see the VC ! :ernae:

italoc
June 21st, 2009, 07:28
Looking very good
:applause::applause::applause:
looking forward..
When ??? where ??? How ???
Italo

lucas81
June 21st, 2009, 09:23
Thanks again!

It will take at least 2-3 months until she will be relased. I have not received 3D files for the VC which should be painted and animated. The same goes with instruments. The plane will be relased first for the mod called "War over Poland" on the Targetware engine, then there will be a FSX version and finally I would like to add her to the Rise of Flight sim. Freeware of course.

Lucas

lucas81
July 19th, 2009, 16:14
OK, I'll show off a bit, since Randy has published another screens of his awesome Albatros D.II/D.III.

I have almost completed stock textures and started to play with specular maps. Bump map will be the last one, I have not started it yet.

Here are the screenshots of the Oeffag D.III in the scheme of 7.Eskadra Mysliwska, called "Kosciuszko Squadron". The history of the unit is very interesting because of the pilots who served there.
The "Kosciuszko Squadron" is famous because most of its pilots were Americans who joined Polish Air Force in 1919. The squadron name was chosen in honour of Tadeusz Kosciuszko who served under G. Washington during the American Revolution and was the head engineer of the Continental Army (he built West Point for example).

More here: http://web.ccsu.edu/kosciuszko/history.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_7th_Air_Escadrille

The squadron insignia were always carrying by the elite units. After the 7.Eskadra was disbanded, the markings were carrying by the 111.Eskadra which defended Warsaw in 1939 and later by the RAF 303 (Polish) Squadron - one of the best sqns during BoB 1940.

Regards,
Lucas

BananaBob
July 19th, 2009, 16:49
Dang Lucas, that's fantastic man, I can't believe the quality of some of latest works for FSX, awesome brother. :applause::applause::applause::icon29::guinness:

rwmarth
July 19th, 2009, 16:50
When it rains it pours. But that's a good thing when it comes to Albatrosses! Looking great! Any info on how the rest of the development is going?

Roger
July 19th, 2009, 16:57
Super work Lucas:applause:

lucas81
July 19th, 2009, 17:04
Hi and thanks for your kind words! Yes, Bob, lots of fun painting this baby. I'll prepare the paint kit for sure. Those Austro-Hungarian scouts had incredible cammo variations and I don't want to prepare a plane with tons of skins in the pack and so there will be 4-5 in the base pack: 1-2 A-H, 1-2 Polish and maybe some Czechoslovakian. Let the community do the rest :)
The external is almost completed. I need to animate the ailerons and their wires, then I am going to start mapping the interior. A friend of mine who is modelling this baby sent me the 1st part of the VC: plywood covers, rudder pedals, stick, ammo cases. In short words: everything exept gauges, magnetos and fuel switches and gauges.
One thing is interesting in this plane: the yoke could be blocked in any position you would like. There was a special handle connected to it. I hope that it will be recreated in this one.
And one more thing about this one: she is much more simplier than Randy's Alb. because our goal is to put her into RoF and our own mod on TW engine - combat games with massive multiplayer environment.

Lucas

Baron von Blutwurst
July 19th, 2009, 17:06
She looks AWESOME Lukasz........I'm guessing you have been in touch with Koloman regarding any questions you might have regarding the Austro-Hungarian version...He has been a great help to me.:ernae:

Cheers
Randy

lucas81
July 19th, 2009, 17:17
Thank you Randy! Now the community will get LOTS of Albatros stuff :D
Honestly, I haven't got in touch with him. I have studied some discussions on the forums and fantastic photo data for Koloman's Oeff. I had also very good drawings including cockpit. But I guess I will have to ask him for the left panel with fuel gauges and levers.

Best and good night,
Lukasz:icon29:

huub vink
September 17th, 2009, 00:59
Lucas,

It has been very quiet about this project, any news to share?

Thanks,
Huub

lucas81
September 17th, 2009, 13:18
Hello Huub,

Well, I have mapped the cockpit parts which I have received from Tomasz, the modeller. I have covered it with some paint and we relased it for our project - "War over Poland" built on the Targetware engine.

As for the FSX, she would require additional modeling - gauges, hand pump, fuel levers, Bosch magneto, magneto switch and inclinometer. Unfortunetly Tomasz does not have time to finish it (in targetware i used "shared" instruments from other ww1 birds, but they are hard coded).

I will have to ask Empeck in the future to help me with the model, as the cockpit requires some complicated animations (lots of wires and pulleys). But we will see... He has lots of work on his projects.

Meanwhile Iam happy to announce that the work on the WoP1939 project has been finished so I can only concentrate on the FSX projects :) Two days ago I started work on another GA field from my country. Hopefully I will get back to the Oeffag as well. Just give some time, but I cannot promise anything.

Lucas

lucas81
September 17th, 2009, 14:02
Well, the VC looks like this at the moment:kilroy:

huub vink
September 20th, 2009, 10:31
Thanks for the update Lucas. Really appreciated! Although a bit empty, the VC already looks promising. And fortumately WW-I aircrafts didn't have too many instruments ;)

There are many "low and slow" lovers here and only so few genuine FSX WW-I Aircrafts to play with ;). So I guess there are many members here looking forward to the final model.

Huub